So You Want To Be An AG? Here's A Starter Guide :D

It is. The best way to stop the gankers is to gank the gankers.

Takes some doing, hunting other players isn’t easy especially if they are taking countermeasures.

AG/ganking is a very specalized form of PvP. Things are actually weighted more toward AGs for a variety of reasons.

Oh dear. I don’t agree.

The best way to stop the gankers is to educate pilots so they don’t put themselves in a gankable position.

2 Likes

At the risk of agreeing with Gix, you are talking at cross purposes. Stopping gankers is not the same as avoiding ganking. One is an activity done by potential prey to limit their risk, the other is an activity done for content by high sec pvp players.

I don’t think so.

See, as a ganker, I know that AG doesn’t stop me. It doesn’t work. I keep ganking.

What has stopped me is a recent lack of viable targets. People are learning and that has stopped me from ganking.

1 Like

Well yes, but its also fun to blap people :smiley:

Don’t be afraid to agree :smiley:

Tremendous fun :smile:

1 Like

Then you are talking on different scales. If I blow up your ship, then I’ve stopped you using that ship for ganking. Not being a mind reader I don’t know if I’ve sent you back to low sec to get another from stock or if it was your last destroyer and you need to go through the rigmarole of restocking.

I have stopped a ganking ship and I have got some content.

Why would my goal be to stop ganking altogether it would be harming my content?

No I’ve blown up the ship, I’ve stopped a potential gank and I’ve filled my RP purpose.

Edit: not actually an AG btw. Just discussing the topic as I’m in a dull meeting.

It is really me :wink:

Yeha, I believe that what @MacGybo meant is that you cannot stop the player continue ganking. You can kill his ship before he kils anyone via kill right, or even stop him from killing his current victim (which is much harder to do, and not always even possible), but he will be there 15 minutes later again on the same spot with same ship. The very best you can do is to make him avoid you, and perhaps gank elsewhere, but that really only works on small-scale gankers, gankers with more multibox accounts will gank AGs to make them regret it.

I don’t disagree Vokan, I just feel that stopping ganking isn’t the point of anti ganking. The purpose is content and it’s not in any AG interest to harm the playstyle overall. If there were more AG than gankers it would actually behoove the AG to not over farm the Gankers in the same way you don’t over fish a body of water or over hunt grounds.

Well now I am confused.

By stopping ganking I mean the playstyle not the act.

Of course I could be wrong, I certainly don’t speak for all anti gankers. However it’s pretty simple. It would be like a ganker who ganks because he wants to stop the mining or hauling playstyles.

Ok, but what are you going to do if you succeed?

I see. I think the problem is that the term ganking covers a number of different actions. Miner killing isn’t my thing so I can’t really answer to that.

Hauler killing is for isk although I’m not really the expert for that either.

Thanks. I hope now known anti-ganking-playstyle alts like JJ and Lucas and Altesse can take their “but Io Koval, you never push against ganker alts” :poop: and put it in the trash where it belongs.

1 Like

You are absolutely right.

From my conversations with NEPF guys I got the feeling its some kind of mixture, partly roleplay being “the good guys” / “law enforcers” and using that for having a corporate identity, do PvP-trainings and OPs that have kinda “meaning” attached to them instead of just “roaming” randomly and shoot anyone who can’t escape tackle. Basically exactly what a SciFi sandbox is for.

On the other hand its the nice feeling of disrupting someones plan when saving a Ganktarget, making the gankers waste their time and ISK, seeing their possible billions of loot survive and warping away right under their noses. It’s basically just another form of salt farming. -_-

So basically griefing :wink:

In german we would call it “Schadenfreude”, which truly is most enjoyable. :slight_smile: Dunno if there is a fitting term in english.

Vokan got it already. Griefing.

What has stopped you in the past and we both agree on this is the bot plague in jita but if every one you ganked in jita gave us free kill rights on you im sure we would just be killing a lot of your empty thrashers.

I don’t usually shoot on the station (where the bots are). The gate is bot free, until Kamikadze Jita turns up with his Autohotkey Neo Wakeup & Vsem alts.