So You're Broke

use the destroyer you get from the advanced military missions to scan and run 3/10, while scanning run the hideaway and refugee sites as well.

just open eve store it is there with huge letters GET RICH IN EVE

It’d have to be quite deliberate.

1 Like

I recall a thread from years ago where someone went into negatives due to having contraband in the hold.
Not sure if it was true or not, or even possible.

1 Like

Quicker way to produce some ISK is to take it from a richer and more naive player.

I’ve heard of people going into the red, but I don’t know if it’s currently possible. I suppose one could be in debt if they got caught up with a corp that somehow enforced extraneous fees players had to pay.

It is difficult to go flat broke in EVE, where your balance hits zero, and I agree with an earlier post that it would be intentional, or at least indicative of a lack of impulse control.

As one who suffers from impulse control issues in real life, I empathize with those who spend uncontrollably, but I also know there’s some simple rules that can help regulate purchases.

Personally, I use the following formula:

X ÷ 0.25 = Y

Where X is the cost of the item I want rounded up to the nearest “place,” and Y is the amount I’d need in my wallet to justify spending X. I’m not sure how to describe the rounding I do except with an example.

Say an item costs 625,147,253 Z. I’d round that up to 700 million, or 7e8 Z. Divide 7e8 Z by 0.25, and you get 2,800,000,000, or 2.8e9 Z. Once I have two billion eight hundred million ISK, I can justify spending 625,147,253 Z frivolously.

The caveat is if I need an item immediately. I don’t need an aesthetic torsorig, but that’s not the same thing as replacing my only mining ship. For the latter, I’ll outfit it as cheaply as I can, and work my way toward upgrades with the ore I mine.

I’m not suggesting my formula is magic, or the best, or even useful to everyone, but using such principles has thus far kept me from spending ISK on things I don’t need, ever since my wallet fell back to below nine digits.

1 Like

“More naive.”

I don’t look kindly on scams, though I accept them as part of the gameplay.

Yes it was possible and even happened to a lot of players. It was done by Customs NPC’s located at system Jumpgates. Along with fines levied against the character, the items would be confiscated and negative hits applied to both Security status and Faction standing.

This was back before CCP removed most of the legal repercussions from various items deemed to be contraband.

4 Likes

Do you know what happens if a Corp fails to pay the rent of a NPC office?

No, not really.

Maybe the Corp assets are locked out from use until the bill is paid.

1 Like

They shut off the electricity and your frozen corpse collection turns into a nice cream of goo soup.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@DeMichael_Crimson EVE Uni has a class which will answer your questions.

If I had no ISK, I’d double people’s ISK.

2 Likes

The corp stuff is put into safety.
two possibilities:
cheapest: re-rent the office, and all is restored as before with no extra fee iirc
expensive: you do not re-rent an office (e.g., there are no offices available). You’ll have to pay the fees related to taking stuff out of safety. Enjoy your trips to lowsec.

2 Likes

Ivy League Alliance Holdings is costing 1 million ISK a month and that was the office that I am too lazy to travel there to move out. It also reads unused though and thought it would be good to add to this thread.

ah yes, sarcasm. Too early in the day for me :stuck_out_tongue:

So basically the Corp is locked out from accessing the assets until they pay… in one way or another…

2 Likes

Its like financially supporting Kim Dong Un.

Who was it you were responding to?

literally jump on any one of my battleships hidden through out new eden and start mission running