SOE Deep Space Transport

This is a Deep Space Transport to support small gang, longer term, and flexible exploration. I’ve seen some oversized and overpowered attempts previously. This is not that. This could support 2 or 3 explorers for an extended stay in wormhole space. I intend it for those that want to stay on the move and only come out of WH space when their holds are full and they’re ready to spend some of their hard earned isk at the club.

“Intended” Purposes:

• Provide over-watch while others work sites
  • Mobile storage for goodies, drinks, ammo, etc.
  • Fitting Services
  • Allow swapping an exploration frigate for a venture or Expedition ship (Intent was to increase SMB up to 50K at Transport V so could carry Expedition ship)
  • Maybe some repair drones or remote modules

I don’t do Meta-Magic so I cannot tell if this is OP or nerfed into uselessness. I just thought it would be fun to try. Thoughts?

Requires:
Transport I
Amarr Hauler I or V
Gallente Hauler I or V
(Would like to require only Gallente OR Amarr Hauler to V for transport consistency, not sure if code base can do that. Both to V may be too skill intense for a Faction Ship)

Ship Bonuses
Transport Ship bonuses (per skill level)
5% bonus to Ship Maintenance Bay Capacity
5% bonus to Mining Hold Capacity [Maybe fleet hanger instead…]

Amarr Hauler bonuses (per skill level)
4% increase in armor resistances

Gallente Hauler bonuses (per skill level)
7.5% bonus to Armor Repairer amount

Role bonus
2+ bonus to ship warp core strength
100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners, Microwarpdrives, Local Repair Modules, and Resistance Modules
50% bonus to Core and Combat Scanner Probe strength
10+ bonus to Relic and Data Analyzer virus strength
Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 15 seconds
0% reduction to effective distance traveled for jump fatigue (Removed on purpose - SOE explores, they don’t fleet up)

Defense:
Structure HP - 2700
Shield HP - 2000
Armor HP - 4100
SOE Resist Profile

Fitting:
Powergrid output - 310MW
CPU output - 290
Capacitor - 3100 GJ
High slots - 2
Medium slots - 3
Low slots - 6

Targeting:
Magnetometric sensors - 20 points
Signature radius - 120 M
Scan resolution - 275 Mm

Navigation:
Warp Speed - 4.5 AU/s
Max Velocity - 140 m/s

Structure:
Mass - 10m kg
Cargohold - 210 m3
Mining Hold - 12,500 m3
Fleet Hanger - 5,000 m3
Ship Maintenance Bay - 40,000 m3
Inertial Modifier - 0.7

Drones:
Drone bay capacity 45 m3
Drone bandwidth 15 mb/s

My original thought was to focus the mining support capabilities on Gas mining vs. Rocks. Either provide gas compression capabilities to increase the Gas storage capability or change the Mining Hold to only hold Gas.

This is still intended to be “Exploration” not necessarily heavy industry. From a story perspective, you explore, you collect samples…

Still thinking through that line of thought

kinda good idea but 4 hi 4 mid and 5 low would be better, then cloak, nullifier, core and compressor could all fit

4 mid so maybe 3 scan mods and an ab, then armor tank

drone bandwith 25mb/s means a full flight of mining/pvp drones(light ) is achievable

I was thinking it to be used for:

• Here, hold our stuff (I like gas storage capacity)
  • Watch our back
  • Do the heavy lifting for scanning in system
  • Fix me, I’m broken
  • Run away and hide

Want to stay in the “Exploration” storyline and fit with the SOE patterns

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.