SOE Force Auxiliary Capital

I saw a thread on the old forum discussing the possibility of Sisters of Eve capital ships. Since some pirate factions now have capital size hulls, I hope SOE might get their own line of capitals some day. Force Auxiliary seems like the perfect fit for a SOE capital, following themes of charity, support, and aid. My idea is the Mercy, a hybrid of the Ninazu (Gallente) and Apostle (Amarr) Force Auxiliary technologies resulting in bonuses to armor repair, capacitor transfer, armor resistances, and logistic drones. With the additional ability to fit a clone vat and a larger fleet hanger than usual.

MERCY

Gallente Carrier bonus per level:

• 5% bonus to Remote Armor Repairer amount
  • 10% bonus to Drone hitpoints, damage and transfer amount

Amarr Carrier bonus per level:

• 5% bonus to Remote Capacitor Transmitter amount
  • 4% bonus to all armor resistances

Role Bonus:

• Can fit a Triage Module
  • Can fit a Clone Vat Bay
  • Can use two Command Burst modules
  • 50% reduction in CPU requirements for Command Burst modules
  • 200% bonus to Command Burst area of effect range
  • 200% bonus to Logistic Drone transfer amount
  • 5x penalty to Entosis Link duration

Attributes:

• Slot layout: 7H, 5M, 6L
  • Fittings: 800000 PWG, 750 CPU
  • Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 60000 / 110000 / 125000
  • Base shield resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 0 / 20 / 40 / 50
  • Base armor resistances (EM/Therm/Kin/Exp): 50 / 35 / 35 / 10
  • Capacitor (amount / recharge) : 75000 / 5000s
  • Mobility (max velocity): 80 m/sec
  • Base Warp Speed: 1.5 AU/s
  • Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 750
  • Shared Facilities (Ship Maintenance Bay / Fleet Hangar): 1250000 / 12500
  • Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 110km / 60 / 7
  • Sensor strength: 65 Magnetometric
  • Signature radius: 10 km
1 Like

Wrong forum, this should be in the suggested features section.

That said, I love the idea.

1 Like

My bad, moved to the correct forum section.

Yeah, SOE Capitals was mention. Also, the Idea of reduced Mass for them as SOE is WH related.

The problem here is that FAXs are too strong in WH Space right now. Yes, with the correct fleet(Bhaals) you can deal with them, but there are no alternatives. So, in my opinion, this type of ship may need to wait until they implement an alternative to how to deal with them. A couple of ideas were already mentioned.

1 Like

We already have Serpentis, Blood Raiders, Guristas and Sansha capitals. I suspect Angel Cartel is next. Not sure how practical these things are for fleet use, mostly vanity items for the super rich - much like the Alliance tournament ships.

To me, it makes more sense to add ships that provide good price/performance and can realistically be flown by most players.

1 Like

And you should think of better bonuses. Those are the same as an Apostle :wink:

1 Like

I would drop the clone vat bay, and give it an increasing drone bandwidth bonus from the Gallente Carrier skill, which on level 5 would allow a full flight of Geckos.

1 Like

I drew inspiration from both the Apostle and Ninazu. Originally I had three bonuses per carrier skill level (RR cycle time for Gallente and max cap pool for Amarr) but I was worried it would be OP. I also had the idea for special SOE logistic fighters that only the Mercy could launch and would provide greater RR than normal logistic drones. By no means is it perfect, but I wanted to get the idea out there.

My overall goal for the Mercy was to make it an all-encompassing fleet support capital, whether in wormhole space doing sleeper sites, or null sec battles. I also wanted it to stand out from the other Force Auxiliaries, hence why I included a Clone Bay. Similar to the Rorqual, which can support an entire mining fleet, I would like the Mercy to be the centerpiece of wormhole fleets (which the Nestor failed to do) and have a larger fleet hangar to help serve that purpose.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.