SoE Epic Arc , Solo Fitting & Advice

So I’ve been going through the SoE Epic Arc. And completed “An Eye on Everything” , I managed to solo all the ships except for the Carrier. Flying my Vexor Navy Issue I kited everything and whittled them down with my Ogre I’s. Is it possible to solo the Carrier in this mission with the right ship? Can it be done in a Cruiser or smaller sized ship?

Will I be able to solo the rest of the arc in my Vexor Navy Issue? Any suggestions for fitting on it to solo the rest of it?

I’ve got.

Done Link Augmentor I

Cap recharger II
Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Done Navigation Computer I
100MN Monopropelland Enduring Afterburner

Medium Armor Rep II
Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

I don’t think you fight the carrier in that mission. I think you’re just recon and that completes mission.

You would be highly unlikely to solo a carrier in a VNI.

Yes, your VNI will handle the rest of the arc.

1 Like

While that mission is simply Recon, you can collect a rather large amount of Bounty from destroying the Pirate Fleet.

As for the Carrier, as long as you don’t attack it and maintain at least 30km range, it won’t engage you. It only does Ewar and will neut your cap rather quickly. If you do decide to attack it, best to have Logistics back-up with you.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/An_Eye_on_Everything

I switch to a T3 Loki Cruiser on that mission so I can collect the bounty on the Pirate ships. The Carrier is stolen and doesn’t have a bounty so I usually just keep range from it. I did destroy it once but had a friend in Tempest doing Shield and Cap repair on my T3 Loki while I engaged the Carrier at close range. It takes a while to destroy and since there’s no bounty, it’s not worth the time to destroy it.

NPC Nidhoggur Carrier Attacked - Tempest Battleship Doing Shield And Capacitor Repair On Loki Strategic Cruiser.

1 Like

Yes, with a ship that does not require cap to shoot, and if you’ve already dealt with the already present Pirate Fleet.

Yes, in theory you can do it in a Cruiser or smaller. I have run that exact mission in a Stratios, killing off the pirate fleet took a bit of time, mainly because of neut pressure from the carrier but also due to the dps of the fleet. I managed to dwindle down the fleet a few ships at the time, warping out and back in as needed to insure the integrity of my ship.

There’s nothing gained by destroying the Carrier itself as it has no bounty and will only give minimal salvage.

1 Like

I solo’d the entire thing in a confessor.

1 Like

Well I did complete the rest of the SoE Epic Arc, thanks everyone for the replies!

1 Like

I ended up doing the entire arc in a triglavian hac… infact 1st time was in a kronos because I didn’t know what to expect

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.