[SoERR] Assistance in the current Empire crisis

Her definition of humanitarianism is helping Minmatar kill Amarr.

Not kill, Lord Newelle.

But to escape, to fight, or to live with, as is the wish of each free individual.

There seems to be a great deal of mistrust in this operation, and it is well that the Faithful be evervigilant. However, is it not a vital part of the Reclaiming that the sinful and virtuous alike provide such services as to better humanity? An undertaking of humanitarian aid such as this, in which so many antagonistic parties work together to serve a greater good, should be applauded by all.

It is my personal recommendation, of course, that we give these refugees not only the shelter, and sustenance their bodies require to live, but the spiritual warmth their souls so dearly need to thrive under God. Embrace these people, as family, and welcome them into the fold, and guide them along so that they might learn to stand on their own again and strike up a better life in the service of others. Good deads spread just as easily as evil ones, and we should be setting aside our differences in this time to spread the good, to brighten the lights within us all.

As the operation proceeds, of course, the strain of providing for these refugees will be heavy. True Amarrians should look to finding new homes for them, on planets or stations or even in their fleets, where they can find suitable work to do and lives to live.

You realize that these refugees are seeking refuge from slavery in the Amarr Empire?

I just want to let that sink in. They’re running away from Imperials.

They are simply lost and misguided.
It is our duty to guide them back into the Faith, which cannot be done if they starve or freeze or otherwise die. Every death is a soul we failed to Reclaim, and should be mourned, and we should do all in our power to give them the chance to redeem themselves.
It may be, also, that in the far future the historians will look back on these events and say, “Look! Here was a trial set before us by God! Here were sheeps of the flock that wandered and were lost!” What then, will they say of us? That we chased those sheep to death, driving them off a cliff? Or that we gave unto them shelter and food and calm words and guided them back to the pastures?

1 Like

Seems humane to me.

I know your move to the states been eventful, I think you’ve missed a few things on this situation. I’ll try to fill ya in on it later today. I recorded a few state and republic news broadcasts and there’s always the scope, they had a few broadcasts.

I like this one.

1 Like

I’ll second this. Else and I don’t see eye to eye, but she has never lied about her intentions or actions that I have seen, no matter how damning those might be. I can respect that.

1 Like

Expecting Elsebeth not to lie outright is reasonable. Expecting her to not lie through omission is not.

Edit: At this point, I do not yet know where exactly the loopholes Elsebeth exploited are, but I am quite certain that we will eventually find evidence that she was actively working against the Empire in a more militant fashion while also doing humanitarian work. The open resistance she showed to the MIO presence near her base is just one example of the many indicators she has given that she is not only doing humanitarian work.

Of course, the point has become entirely moot given that her response to PIE calling her bluff was to continue to escalate and openly turn her “humanitarian” base into a battlestation, rather than to retreat from the system.

3 Likes

If a force with much higher positive influence with an empire declared war on my group and my citadel started being patrolled by that empire I would act the same no matter which one of the 4 it was, allied or enemy. It doesn’t seem like an illogical idea to prepare for the worst.

1 Like

We had not yet declared war when Elsebeth rebuffed the MIO.

War fleets hanging around my bases without clearing their intentions do make me nervous. Sue me.

1 Like

The fact you had something to hide almost certainly increased those nerves, I expect.

Really? I agree with her sentiment that it’s worthy of defensive measures but knowing that now it would have been more limited. It still is a force that would be near impossible to stand up against as capsuleers but delaying the inevitable would allow more of an evacuation to be performed.

(Edit)

Whether guilty of something or not, needlessly risking personnel is not a good option to take.

If she doesn’t want to “needlessly risk personnel,” she should withdraw entirely from Amarr space.

Under a war Dec? With the MIO parking a fleet outside? Sorry but does that sound like an option at this point?

I will withdraw, naturally, when there is no longer a need to risk anyone.

And like I have already explained, in so many words, yes, I have reasons to believe that MIO’s and my ideas of humanitarian aid for free people are not entirely compatible.

1 Like

Sure, but she knew she would not be welcome before she anchored that citadel. The simple fact is that so long as there is a rebellion raging on the surface, Elsebeth is going to attempt to meddle with it.

1 Like

Of course I am planning to “meddle with it”, for gods’ sake. Why would I be in your high sec in the first place, if there wasn’t a rebellion to meddle with?

It is my methods that are in question here.