Solo hauling in low sec. Can it work? Any advice?

Advice: blockade runner/dont waste your time and isk.

It’s not certain, it all depends on the ship you are in and the size of the camp. A DST for instance has bad agility so a tackle frig can quickly scram you. A DST has high tank takes a bit of breaking. A DST has 100% bonus to AB well occator does not sure if they all do. Given that you also have built in stabs they have to fast lock 3 points on you and still have long range webs. There’s no surviving an enormous well planned camp in a solo ship other than to be something close to unlockable.

If you are in a ship with reasonable agility you might MWD back to gate but there are ships that can long range scram and with the sig bloom there is a danger of being blapped with alpha damage.

1 Like

There is some really excellent advice in this thread.

In my experience big camps are always in the same place so regional knowledge is advantageous in avoiding them.

2 Likes

It’s ironic that one of the seemingly easiest professions, Haul Stuff, is not that easy.

A great example of how skill and Skill Points are two completely different things.

2 Likes

I like running lowsec gate camps in haulers. You can do it with pretty much any of them, but you definitely need an MWD + cloak.
You need to do the cloak + mwd trick.
you should check your map and see if theres any massive amounts of activity.
You should scout the route beforehand in a fast frigate and get bookmarks at 200km+ around the gates not in line with ANY warpable object.
If you come to a suspicious system with flashy reds, warp to a planet thats not in the same line as the gate you came in from.
I’d rather warp to a planet than a moon in lowsec.
id rather warp to a bookmark than a planet.
if you jump into a gatecamp, remain calm. CHECK YOUR REACTIVATION TIMER FOR YOUR CLOAK. get calm yet again, mwd and cloak warp.
any time you dont need ALL your lows filled with cargo expanders, put some nanofibers there.
■■■■ ab in a tech 1 hauler. if youre caught youre dead
good luck.

1 Like

“I once moved half a billion ISK worth of…stuff…”

Is that all? Psh. Come back when it’s 10+ billion.

Oh! dear aren’t we brave!

A Goon moving stuff from station to station within Goon territory lol

Wasn’t always a Goon! I’ve done wilder things like moving freighters with TCUs out to drone space. Orcas full of fully built tengu hulls from a wormhole. Pos Reaction based fullerides. Officer mods out of Curse. All before my Goon days. All through low and null and bubbles. If you can look deep enough into my character history to see that I’m a Goon, you easily see that I’ve not been a Goon long and that I have a prolonged Eve career.

That was all I had back then

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.