Solo L3 Gallente mission running ship options?

Zoom out and check where the groups of enemies are, and also to see how far your drones are away from you.

Make sure you don’t orbit into other groups of enemies (though to be honest I used to, but run through under AB and out the other side before the hits became an issue).

Keep an eye on your drones health by keeping the drones in space menu open, when a drone gets low on shield recall it and deploy a new one. Navy drones are a cost effective way of getting more tech I bang for your ISK too, better EHP, tracking and damage. All round easier to use and manage in combat.

If you are going down the drone pilot route leaning to manage your drones is a key skill. Personally I have named groups such as Hobs 1, Hobs 2, Salvage, Repair. Deploy hobs 1 first, as each needs recalling deploy one from hobs 2 and flip flop back and forth. If a drone takes too much damage move it to the repair group. It’s still useable in a pinch but you know it needs fixing next time you are back in station. Salvage is pretty obvious :slight_smile:

Also wait for the ships in each pocket to aggro your ship before deploying drones to avoid them being shot up so much. Using rempote reps or ECM modules tends to draw aggro back to your ship too.

what kind of tank are you running on an algos
it only has 3 lows and 3 mids
you need a prop mod and you need a damage mod
that puts you down to a 2 mod tank
there are frigates that can perform better in level 3s imo

oh wait i dont account for rails i was looking at a pure drone perspective i take that back
i guess if youre using rails as well then you can drop the damage mod for some extra armor tank
and use your mids for some cap regen i guess

Bear in mind this was very early in my time in EvE, I think I had a rep, dda and dc, then AB, shield entender and something else. I know it was dual tanked but it worked for me atthe time and it was all meta fit from looting.

I’m not advocating this fit as such but rather the algos as a very flexible and forgiving beginners dessie

thats fair just because people in the past always say dont dual tank
if the extra buffer gets you through a fight then go ahead and dual tank
especially with smaller ships where application is less of an issue
dual tank away i say and fit for your purposes

1 Like

i guess if i was really gonna use an algos for missions i might use something like this fit here
it seem really scary for level 3s though
you only have 1000 armour buffer and the fit relies on an anc
you can also switch out the ab for an mwd
and maybe switch a web for a tc

[Algos, mission thing]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

150mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Lead Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin II x5

still i think there are t1 frigs that i would be a lot more comfortable with

I found it perfectly fine for early missioning and effective sinxe I wouldn’t have known what else to put in that slot anyway. I’m a strong advocate of ‘Do waht is right for you’, but understand that it will change over time.

you have to rememeber rat ai has been changed over the years to target drones more
maybe back then drones were easier to use

True, that makes learning aggro control more important though which is a good thing.

Lights are pretty much exempt from that in LVL1-3 as long as you have aggro already. its only Elite Frigs that target lights. Mediums and Heavies are fair game though.

Many here suggesting the use of Destroyers for level 3 missions, especially for a pilot with roughly 6 million SP they are a bad idea, why?

Because what worked several years ago may not work well today due to changes in the game over time.

Because what we use today with characters that have significantly higher SP may not work for a new player. Just one example I still run level 3’s with my mission character in a Fed Navy Comet or a Tristan, but then 150 million SP, years of missions experience from level 1 to level 5 and a wallet balance that allows me to buy any modules I want means that experience is irrelevant to a new player with limited ISK, SP and personal experience.

Yes, destroyers can work even for new players with small wallet balances and low SP, But the real question we should ask ourselves before posting is simply this, is this the best advice I could give a new player, a new player I know nothing about but the few words in an internet forum.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.