Solution to suicide gankers?

I was unaware that newly created characters had bad faction standing with the other empires….

If you want to take missions for the gallente federation navy blowing up caldari State ships, then you should have a consequence for that.

But take heart. There are missions you can take to fix those standings.

Did I say anywhere? I’m pretty sure I said

Let me help your reading comprehension. The last two words there.

High…
Sec…

Unless you’re one of those carebears that labor under the delusion that high sec is the only anywhere

Only in high sec. Again, high sec is not anywhere

What? How did you even come to that conclusion?

Speaking of merc work, CCP should bring back wardeccing any corporation, like in the good old days.

Only on my own stupid ideas.

I wouldn’t mind that.
But should just apply regardless of sec status i think.

The POINT, is that you are advocating for removal of play styles and content…which is the stupidest thing right now that can be recommended by anyone.

Again, reading comprehension.

I ended my post with the caveat that the piece was an opinionated idea. And not a good one at that.

But for the sake of argument,

What play-style would it remove exactly?

Moon mining would still occur. It would be in low sec and below. So that’s not being removed.

Mission running isn’t being nixed. It would change a bit and come with a consequence.

Piracy would still be a thing. (If you took a moment to review my zkillboard or evewho profile you would see that I’m a -10 pirate and ganker).

Ganking would still be a thing. Staging would change a bit.

So, tell me my outspoken and overly emotional friend. Which play style is being removed exactly?

Since most of suicide gankers is alpha clones, solution was offered long ago. CCP just dont care. And playerbase not enough push to lobbing these changes.

Can you show us how you validated that conclusion?

1 Like

I’m curious as well.

1 Like

Changing the standings system to be so negative would retroactively screw over a lot of people. Kind of when CCP implemented the whole low-power thing for citadels, and some players lost everything they had because in the past CCP made it clear that their assets wouldn’t be endangered through asset safety. That was a dick move, and this would be a dick move too.

Also this would amount to one of the biggest ganking nerfs in history (can’t dock in NPC stations, while player stations are removed), and you’re also not addressing the question of war eligibility, high-sec manufacturing, the ability of players to compete with NPC factions in terms of public markets, etc.

How you of all people could come up with such a terrible set of ideas is truly puzzling. You’d eliminate multiple play styles, and compartmentalize the rest.

1 Like

:thinking:

Very good points indeed. Probably because I wasn’t thinking about those things.

Ya, you’re right, it’s a terrible idea.

I will say this. I don’t like player run stations in highsec, so I have a negative bias against them in general.

All the other stuff, was just musing.

And this is why I’m not on CCP’s payroll. Nor should they ever hire me to fix things. Or generate content.

bourgeoisie

HyperNet!!!

1 Like

HyperNet? More like HyperHET!

1 Like

This is a different problem with a different solution.
Jita 4-4 is the problem. It has become a city at this point and the surrounding regions are starving because of it.

400+ replies and not a single mention of ECM?

1 Like

You would have to read all this to find that.
Nerf Ganking Megathread - Communications Center / Crime & Punishment - EVE Online Forums
People get tired of repeating themselves.

1 Like

Nope, nothing there either, just a “ECM does not work”.
Okay but why?,
“It just doesn’t okay??!”

1 Like

It works very well and believe it or not when in a group a Griffin works best , you just need to allocate targets to stop cross jamming, which we do most of the time .

Just like our crappy instant locking Slashers ( as someone referred to them) The Griffin and Slashers are cheap throw away ships , if gankers want to remove them they can but a standard gank catalyst cost way more , the other advantage of these ships is alpha’s and low skilled players can join in and have an effective role in the fleet and what better skill for a new player to have than tackle or e-war.

Btw a thanks goes out to one of our patrons who has supplied 100s of our most used fitted ships at ganker hot spots , that’s a great help thank you.

Just on a side note probably our most effective ship is our e-war burst frigates these ships single handedly can stop the largest ganks dead . Downside hard to use , timing burst , being in the right position and the security hit you get for hitting bystanders , as I said before gankers are not silly and started to shoot any fast moving frig diving into their gank ball but that’s to be expected.

1 Like

Oh they did that when they super-nerfed war decs.

1 Like

Everyone is missing something simple.
If they cant scan you they are not going to shoot you.