Somebody Please Think of the Drifters

Your incompetence is sickening. Go check your clone technicians in the medbay in case they forgot to connect the majority of your synapses.

Okay, small edit: it was directed at @Corraidhin_Farsaidh

For @Kalaratiri: I am not making any deals with people of your type and below.

Perhaps you might want to retract the ‘incompetence’ part of your reply, unless you choose to leave it for comedic effect…

1 Like

Please limit posts in this thread to Drifter related shitposting.

3 Likes

Very well, consider it retracted and ‘icompetence’ part replaced with ‘utter stupidity’.

That may be the first time I’ve seen you be slightly reasonable towards even an ex-member of the Gallentean Federation. I would question ‘utter’, but certainly not ‘stupidity’ as I often indulge in farce and surrealism here.

Anyway, back to the Drifters, if they’d like to engage in discussion, my comms channels are always open.

2 Likes

@Aradina_Varren, this is a good idea. But I can’t leave any dumb remarks made about my person to left without attention. And looks like I’ve missed one that I must address.

Who the hell are you? I am not sure I had experience of conversation with you, and I am one hundred percent sure I do not want that. However, your inane claim brought my attention to your person. In every reply I make, I set a goal to be always factually correct. Of course, I am human and I do mistakes, but I can easily claim that at least 95% of all my replies stand correct and perfectly sensible, of course provided you have capacity to understand them. For that I also try to speak plainly and provide evidence with logical reasoning to my statements.

And here comes YOU, who dares to say that “now” I am sensible party in this discussion. You didn’t say exactly where I was NOT sensible, and I am pretty sure there are no such cases. If you failed to understand any of my comments, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t sensible, it only means you didn’t manage to do something. And, without asking me to clarify, that you certainly haven’t done, you foolishly claim I wasn’t sensible.

I can say, however, that I am not really interested in hearing your pathetic excuses, unless you want to bring an official apology.

I’d prefer you though just to keep silence and, if you value your reputation, think twice next time about what are you going to say and about whom before you will dare to open your mouth again.

If by some reason you wish to discuss it, I urge you to keep that crap from the IGS and visit instead me in person in my office on my flagship. I allow you to send an inquiry for an audience via NeoCom mail.

Please limit posts in this thread to Drifter related shitposting.

3 Likes

I think of drifters frequently, usually something to the effect of “Hmm, who would I use their ships on if I could get one,” or “Wonder how much I could get for one of their ships.” and finally “wonder why this guys staring at me from across the bar? Haven’t seen him before…”

4 Likes

thinks about Drifters

Hmm… :thinking:

This what you wanted, right?

3 Likes

I think about how much I want their ships alot does that count?
But seriously I think that if they want to talk then we should listen. This statement definitely has no ulterior motives related to my previous statement.

2 Likes

Fufufufu… Did I hit a nerve? Good!

I know all too well who you are, what you represent and who you stand for. Because your reputation precedes you. Because having to hear my boss gush over you every single day like a horny prepubescent boy just makes me want to hurl. It is torture.

If you want to settle this with our guns, set a time and place and I’ll be glad to have my ship explain exactly what I think about you, for I have nothing else to say.

4 Likes

EDIT: I for one, welcome our Drifter Overlords.

As long as they give me a battleship and a cruiser they are a-ok in my book.

“Oh mighty masters may I please have a battleship?”

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Well, I have a very good reputation among friends, thank you! I guess I have quite a neutral reputation among neutrals (I am quite an average pilot, well, according to public statistics, keeping a friendly, helpful and respective stance to neutrals), and… terrible among enemies - who are being either gallente (yea, because I am biting them hard!) or gallente bootlickers (those nasty pets, who don’t have courage to actually fight for gallente and face me in combat, but bark at every possibility how I am terrible just because of my successes in space or pointing on gallente faults). Considering your outburst looks like you are closer to the last group. And killing feds and fed sympathizers is my professional duty. So, if you wish to fight over it, very well, I will gladly oblige. I will send details via NeoCom mail.

But, the Drifters don’t attack unless one shoots them first. Isn’t that some semblance of honor?

2 Likes

Well, there are two incorrect assumptions.
First of all, Drifters did attack Empress Jamyl without provocation.
And the second, honor doesn’t involve order of attacking. For example, you might be considered dishonorable if you won’t attack first when you are expected to. Throught the history of Raata, honorable warriors were drawing their swords and cutting enemies before they even had chance to draw their weapon and prepare themselves to defend. Ability to strike down opponent first shows skill of an honorable warrior.

What makes them dishonorable is how exactly they attack. They didn’t come to fight, they just ganked Her Majesty, acting not like a fleet, but like some sort of band of CODE filth. And after that they didn’t stay to fight us (I was there in the defending fleet and saw how that happened), they cowardly ran away from combat like some sort of Priano or Vadam. They behaved like murderers, not warriors.

When you value your honor, you should be able to stand and fight for what matters, for your beliefs, for your property, reputation, friends, and so on. And you shall not hide from consequences of your actions, you must meet them like a honorable person and not a coward like a criminal.

Thus I’ll stay on the conclusion that Drifters are dishonorable.

2 Likes

That All depends on their reason for the assault. We don’t know the reason for it, but since it didn’t happen to any other Empire head of state we can infer it was personal in some way.

I don’t believe the Drifters think of honour in human terms, and as such they can’t actually be dishonorable. It seemed much more like problem/solution to me. Perhaps that even suited their own form of honour.

2 Likes

Hey, some people really are that dumb. I can’t tell anymore.

Edit: After review, I don’t remember making this post. I think I was really, really drunk.

3 Likes

Bumping this thread right back up in the hopes people ruin this instead of an actually useful thread.

6 Likes

Yes! Please fill this with space with contrariness, bloody-minded stubbornness, and willful “the conventional wisdom is always wrong; this is the conventional wisdom; it is therefore wrong” obtuse thinking!

4 Likes