Someone trying to corner the SP farming market

Has anybody noticed the recent spike in price for PLEX and Multiple Pilot Training Certficate (MPTC)? Especially MTPC, looks like someone with deep pocket and access to 0% broker fee at the “Perimeter - Trade Market” is buying all the MPTC and re-listing at a much higher price. The sell orders for MPTC at the “Perimeter - Trade Market” are usually for more than 50 MPTC per order. If you think about it, that Azbel gets taken offline by attackers almost every week. It doesn’t make sense for someone to pay 0.1% broker fee for listing more than 50 MPTC at a time just to have to relist any unsold in a different Azbel when the current one gets destroyed (and pay the 0.1% broker fee again). Hint, whoever owns the Azbel is the one driving up prices of PLEX and MPTC to corner the SP farming market. And I think I have a good idea who that is… His name starts with IC… who happens to also own a large SP farm consisting of more than 400 pilots. I think he’s trying to drive the competitors out of business so he can monopolize the Skill Injector market…

2 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. The only fact is, that Test still did not get the Highsec game.

1 Like

If you think about it, IChooseYou lost a good portion of his income by losing his trade hub in Perimeter. Now he has to think of another way to exploit the market to make up that loss. Cornering the SP farming market is the perfect solution… but I would say it’s a double edge sword. a solution that can also fire back and he could lose lots of $$ as well… just like in any market manipulation scenerio… if it plays out in your favor, you win. if not, you lose big…

1 Like

And? whats your point. Last I heard Zahara had one of the top MPTC caches stocked, or maybe he is still using that as collateral for his loan

1 Like

anybody with half a brain can tell the MPTC item is being manipulated right now… anything listed below the price of the big bulk sell order gets bought out almost instantly just to be relisted later in another bulk sell order at a much higher price. obviously someone is trying to work the system…

1 Like

Again, whats your point? Trying to crash their parade? Why aren’t you doing it?

1 Like

i’m just trying to make a public statement, and why are you here? if you don’t like my public statement, you don’t have to be here. get lost…

2 Likes

Or the lack of sales and increased demand of injectors caused the supply to dry up as everyone and their dog restarted sp farms.

3 Likes

Could it be that there have been no sales in relation to MPTC or PLEX and the price is creeping towards where it should at 485 PLEX? Or whatever it is for MPTC from the NES.

2 Likes

Just an fyi, I’m down to my last 50 mptc and 2,500 plex but my farm is good for the quarter. I would think that sales are dwindling because ccp was sold. Best of luck!

1 Like

And the MPTC price manipulation has gotten worse… right now the cheapest sell order is for 200 MPTC at 1.620 billion each at the “Perimeter - Trade Market” station (that seems to be available to just 1 person). Anybody who stocked up on MPTC can benefit greatly from this price spike up manipulation…

MPTC_price_manipulation

I did benefit by turning them into injectors.

1 Like

Yeah, those big orders were all mine. I sold like 1300 in two weeks. Bought them for 950mil and sold them for 1.6b. #easyisk

Only about 300 more of them went into my farm months ago, which I have yet to extract. I have stopped sp farming. Way too little isk, and far too time consuming. It is much simpler to make isk trading these days. Believe it or not, most months I make more isk than I was making with the market hubs.

My current hedge is on the injector market. I am aiming for 900mil+ each.

1 Like

Oh, and I wasn’t buying anything listed below my order. That was the market acting naturally and gobbling them all up. I already had a large stash saved up. If you read the #announcements in my discord server, you will see that I flashed a picture of more than 1.3k MTPC some months back. I repeatedly told people I was holding onto them until this weekend when I announced that I had sold them all.

1 Like

MPTCs are now approaching full value, that being 485 PLEX. Interesting that the event is coinciding with Farm Toon net profit margin approaching zero. The interaction between PLEX, Injectors and MPTCs is very dynamic and efficient. Bodes well for an Injector price well north of 900m.

On the other hand, we are about due for a PLEX/Extractor/MPTC sale… the influx of PLEX might lead to increased short term demand for Injectors, but also would upset the current equilibrium, likely driving longer-term prices back down.

1 Like

Thanks, btw, ICY, for releasing those MPTCs. In the wake of high prices, I’ve been managing to a JIT inventory in recent weeks. Your supply has helped facilitate several recent Injector harvests!

1 Like

We’ve gone longer than usual without a sale. Maybe the new owners are in no rush. We’ll see.

1 Like

The deal is completed, no need for window dressing anymore.

1 Like

… at an outrageous price, no less… but, then again, they have purchased the most elite subscriber base known to the online gaming realm…

1 Like

Get ready for 5 mil plex

1 Like