Special warning for a broker fee >10% of total wallet balance

Once again, I’ve shot myself in the thumb.

I’d like to suggest a unique popup warning for broker fees greater than 10% of the total wallet balance.

There is already a warning for when price is more or less than about 70% of market value, but it’s the same warning whether the broker fee is 50k or 5b. Many of my orders give me this warning for my intended prices which I click through quickly. I also trade items of greatly varying values, so to accidentally throw an extra zero (or 3! :man_facepalming: ) on an item which is traded in the thousands of units, for tens of thousands of ISK per unit is invariably devastating in a soul-crushing self-hating kind of way.

I would like to see a unique popup warning for when the fees associated with setting up or modifying a single order are greater than 10% of the account’s wallet balance. Something with a unique colour, like orange or purple, extra bold text and a unique audio cue.

The text could read something like WARNING: THIS ACTION WILL COST 861,200,107 ISK IN BROKER FEES, 34% OF YOUR TOTAL WALLET BALANCE. WOULD YOU LIKE TO CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION?

YES             NO

So if you click YES like a mind-numb market monkey, it simply cancels the current transaction (setting up or modifying order - the order either won’t be placed, or the price will remain as it was), and closes the window.

If you click NO, then you get the regular “this order is 9999998.12% above market average” window where if you click OK, you’ll setup/modify the order.

To summerize: an additional popup warning for transaction fees >10% of wallet balance where clicking the affirmative cancels the current buy/sell/modify transaction

2 Likes

This happened to me too, spent 1b on broker and left me with 100m in wallet. CCP gave me a one time reimbursement

You forgot to mention the most important information …

How much did you lose?

Yeah, agreed. I got burned on that once for 4.5B ISK by putting in an extra three zeros into the sell price. CCP reimbursed me too. Probably save them time to make a change in the code, because I think it happens pretty often.

The warning about the price being above market is indeed somewhat useless, due to it popping up so often in the ordinary course that you stop paying much attention to it. Good idea. Or, alternately, a pop up if the brokers’ fees will be more than 100M or something.

1 Like

It also happened to me, unfortunately also with an expensive item. Next time just check better. EvE does not need more foolproofs.

whooooot…If I had known… Apparently you can get a lot of things reimbursed at CCP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.