Spies

“Remorse” works, but “scores” does not actually fit. : p

Well done, though. :blush:

Is there any way to fix it?

I have been trying, but to no avail. I think OP meaning “cause” does not actually make it easier.

You’ve meant a cause
for what it was
and like a boss
i kick your …

: - )

I lack the peace necessary. Today, at least.

1 Like

K so basically anyone can be a spy in eve right? All the alts and accounts.
So how can those corporation can spy check? I know that they have the spy check programs but how is it actually work?
And what is that program? Is it a third-party program?

Yes, anyone can be a spy or “enemy in disguise”.

I don’t know of any tools, but you basically have to start with knowing who your enemies are and then check if a character has any kind of paper trail that connects him or her to your enemies.

Other than this can one also look for patterns in case it’s a lazy spy. Lazy ones will have habits, like reusing the same char, where you’ll have to check the corp history. Or they can be using the same method or the same ships as a spy, who is already known.

1 Like

But what if they biomass character after every heist?
Or have multi account?
It is impossible to stop spy from infriltrate right?

If you’re willing to accept random strangers into your corp, even after all security checks, then yes, it’s impossible.

A player might not be a spy at first, but can become one afterwards. That, too, is possible.

1 Like

In Life as in Eve.
@Lunar_K_Rnlav you have hit a lot of questions quite hard. Let me try and address a few.

What can they do?
Anything they are permitted to do. So, if they are given a position of high-trust in a corporation or alliance, they can do exactly the same set of privileged as anyone else in that position.

Why do you betray your friends? - OK, in this case “friends” are “the people you are working among”. Don’t confuse friendship and association.
MICE.
Money - because they are being paid to betray.
Influence - because they are wanting to gain power and change things.
Conscience - because they believe they are doing the right thing.
Ego - because it feels good to know a secret and to use the power.

Spies: They can be either someone you infiltrate, or someone already inside that you corrupt - but you are always considering the above. And if you are managing a spy, you need to be aware of why they are willing to betray - and how that reason will influence their behaviour.

Do they do it for a cause?
MICE again - yes, they do it for the money, the influence, their conscience/beliefs or 'cause it stokes their ego.

How do you detect a Spy?
You look at their background and you look to see what characteristics they have that would make you suspect they would betray you. And that isn’t easy. You are looking for things you are suspicious of, why you wouldn’t trust this person - often at the same time the person is trying to be at their most affable and apparently trustworthy.

And yes, @Whitehound (I like the ad-hoc poetry btw) you are very right: it’s hard if you are open. You keep watching, especially as you place more trust in that person. And people change over time - that’s happened in Eve more than a few times.

Biomassing: You can change your name, face, history - but changing style and attitudes, that’s harder.
You know that John Smith? He uses that same phrase that the Spy Dave Woods used, and has the same ship fitting preferences. Do you remember what happened to Dave? He left the game didn’t he…?

https://cad-comic.com/comic/one-of-us/

Still so true at times…

5 Likes

Its corp C you have to worry about.

im sorry but if you need roles to be an effective spy, then you are a TERRIBLE spy and should give up right now and go back to EDIT: (MINING).

1 Like

Spies are everywhere. Large “successful” Corps/Alliances use them and have Operational Security measures to minimize the damage they can cause.

1 Like

Corporate relations in Eve.

2 Likes

A good spy doesn’t think he is one, until the occasion arises.
So there is no spy, only treasons of different shapes and sizes.
Some may like to shoot the pirats, other prefer asteroids ;
Some may like to give you killmails, other prefer hemorrhoids.
A spy is, like you, a player, with only a different name.
Whether he succeeds or fails, he’s playing the same exact game.

2 Likes

So what is the name of the most succeed spy so far
Like the biggest heist
There is one right?

Платов

Agreed. Long live Ming.

2 Likes

Don’t tell them about “Ming”! He flies in every wing.
He who dares to tell, will rot in their clone’s shell!

–Merciful Gadget

2 Likes

The most successful spy?
The one no one has ever heard of.

–Secret Agent Gadget

4 Likes