Ok? Sounds like content instead of 2000 people spinning ships and spamming hypernet ads. I shop in the 2nd best stocked market in the game every day and it’s been bubbled 0 times. Even in scary null sec! It turns out when players work together all sorts of things are possible. But really you should talk to your carebear friends about it, it was their idea. As is this
But they are AFK with the other character. If I’m 50/50 split with EVE and Netflix then half the time I am “AFK” by the odd definition being given here. The other half of the time I’m not AFK.
If you play two EVE characters then one of your characters is always AFK. You’re actually twice as AFK if you run two clients than if you run one client and Netflix.
I think this whole AFK/Netflix thing is a red herring that gets people arguing in circles over nothing of particular relevance.
People don’t generally care what you do. You can go AFK, watch Netflix, or do whatever else you want to do, and though some will claim that’s the wrong way to play, they won’t be deeply offended by it or make much effort to seek you out.
The thing is, being AFK or watching Netflix puts one at increased risk, and that risk can cost a player their ship. The crux of whether people have a real issue with the AFK player or not comes when that AFK player denies all responsibility for the losses they sustain and expects the game to change to accommodate the expectation of safety even in situations where they have greatly reduced awareness by willingly diverting their attention elsewhere.
If you want to take the risk and responsibility for the outcome, AFK, Autopilot, or do whatever you want to do. Almost nobody will care, and those that do won’t put much effort into complaining or punishing you unless they just happen to see you in the area looking vulnerable at a time it is already convenient for them to mount an attack. They have no reason to particularly hate you until you give them one by either having a meltdown on them in direct communications or lobbying to have their playstyle nerfed for your convenience.
You’re just inventing this ‘low input’ nonsense. It is sheer baloney. Eve has as much input as you choose there to be. Of course nothing much is going to happen if you sit at some safe spot 30au from anyone. There’s no shortage of action in Eve if you go look for it.
Seriously ?? You can’t see the difference ? Multiboxers actually have to pay even more attention to Eve itself. Last I heard, Netflix was not part of Eve…and by definition if you are watching it then you are not paying attention to the game.
Sheesh…I can’t believe that even needed explaining.
I’m not sure I can be bothered partaking in what has to be the silliest discussion in the history of Eve. You are either taking the mickey, or clueless, or both. Might it just occur to you that the person multiboxing in two accounts is at least paying attention in one of them all the time, while the person watching Netflix is paying attention to Eve in none of them while watching Netflix.
How am I inventing it? Take the faction warfare example. I warp to a site (2 clicks) I activate the gate (2 clicks) I launch my drones and set them on the defending rat (4 clicks) I orbit the beacon (2 clicks). I now wait 10+ minutes. I then only need to react if the rat respawns and my drones for some reason don’t aggress, or if another players shows up which is rare.
No, I can’t see the difference. If you are running two accounts and you are mining on one and hauling on the other then one of your accounts must be “AFK” at any time. When you are looking at the miner, the hauler is AFK, when you are looking at the hauler the hauler is AFK.
It is a silly discussion, but it’s only silly because you keep screaming at people about “being AFK” because they don’t dedicate their entire lives to the game whenever a client is open. I personally don’t think it’s a problem if someone wants to multibox, or multitask with some other activity, and I think EVE is built specifically to be playable with far less than 100% attention.
It just seems to be that if other people don’t think like you and play the game exactly as you play it then you become angry.
A lorry would be a hauler and lorries require constant input, EVE doesn’t by design.
Why does AFK refer to the player? Does that mean if I log in a miner but then log in a lowsec PvP char and focus mostly on the PvP flipping back to the mining barge when it needs input, then I can claim I’m not at all AFK?
From what I can see all this crying about people being AFK is all made up anyway. There’s no way to actually know if someone is AFK and there’s certainly no way people are gaining from long period of being AFK, so it seems more like an excuse than a legitimate issue.