Standard Ghost site

Yeah unfortunately as an Alpha, cloak is out of the question. But yeah, like you said, using the container as a temporary storage is a good idea for loot in cargo. Even Sisters probes are worth saving.

1 Like

Recently found two more Ghost sites, this time Sansha for both. 0.4 system with no stations. But there was a Freeport structure in system.

I was more prepared to warp in this time and dock in a station to unfit anything I find not useful such as my probes and scanning upgrades.

Started with the main can and found it easy, found the ‘Weto’ mobile depot Bpc and some shattered villards. 2nd can goes well again, more shattered villard and covert research. Total already 39mil isk not including the bpc.

Tried my luck for the 3rd can, however as I was going through it, noticed the NPCs has warped in. I begin my warp as soon as i noticed them but got instapopped. Sigh… check the mail and saw the bpc got destroyed but the rest of the 39mil loot survived. Bookmarked the location of my can and quickly travelled to my station for another ship and came back to my can to gather the loot. The site has de-spawned but luckily my wreck is still there.

Found a 2nd Ghost site on the same day. This time I am more cautious. Docked up and removed everything I don’t need. Warped to site and got the warning message, made a safespot while in warp before reaching the site. Again the same 4 cans and I start with the main one. Nothing special this time, villards, covert research and trit. 2nd can goes well, villards and some other junk. Total so far 17mil in loot. Decided to take the money of the table and warped to safespot nearby. Jettison the loot and warped back to site. Came back to site but the cans were all gone. No NPC either but the sites celestial structures were still around. It has also disappeared from the anomaly list. Looks like I might have been lucky here as I think it was less than 45seconds I have been away from the site and the cans are gone. I assumed in that time the NPC warped in and cleared the cans.

1 Like

The tactics I found worked best for me, in highsec in Lesser Ghost sites go in a combat cruiser. Scanning site doesnt require bonused ship, but that may be my all V scanning skills. Dont forget to fit a 1600 plate or large shield extender to survive cans explosion. Leave site manually, ie align away wait for 75% speed reached then hit warp. If you just hit warp and go auto then you’ll stop if guards tackle you, and you better keep going to avoid damage and get out of point range.

For low and nullsec, Standard and Superior sites I prefer t2 covops frigate, cargo scan cans, grab the best one and gtfo.

BPCs are near worthless in these sites, except maybe high grade omega implant.

1 Like

@Rin Maya: Warping away during a hack will cause the can to explode like a failed hack. Your only chance of survival in that situation is a ship that can handle the explosive damage from the can while warping away or a really quick hacking success and warp off.

An Astero fitted with 200mm plate, trimark rigs, damage control and two active modules for explosive resistance could survive an exploding can in lesser and standard ghost sites and should be pretty quick in warp. Has someone tried that? I once read that the timer doens’t get started by a cloaked ship, so you could warp in cloaked and fly cloaked to the first can to save some seconds.

Imho, the BPCs aren’t worthless. I found a mid grade implant bpc, produced it by myself and sold it for a net profit of over 30 mil. ISK.

1 Like

I see. I guess it’s best I am not greedy then. I can only fly a Heron and i cant fit a cloak as I am still in Alpha. As long as I’m not greedy, I should be always in profit.

If I want to maximise profits, I can just jettison the loot after the 2nd can and proceed for the 3rd one. If I make it = extra profit. If not, I will just lose my ship and my loot is still secure from the earlier 2 cans. As long as no one else warps in, my can should still be there when I come back with a new ship.

2 Likes

cloak prevents you from targetting on decloak

lesser can = 2k explosive damage when touching it. before res of course. I think being at range means less dmg.

a null ghost (superior covert research facility) can put my plated mauler(50k ehp I think) on the hull. All slots are resists+plate, mwd in mid+cap battery+data analyzer. The can does not hurt that much, the rats do.

Don’t start by the “special” can, I read that timer decreases more when doing the special can.
In lesser sites I usually can do the 4 cans, sometimes the rats spawn before the 4th, very rarely after the second. In HS a scanner is useless, you are wasting time, because the HS sites have very easy minigames, even with a data 1 and lower skills I had no issue doing them without using a single bonus from the minigame - so just spam clicking in a direction, loot, approach next.

1 Like

@Rin_Maya: You could try to fit your Heron with a Small Shield Extender and two Explosive Deflection Fields. This should give you ~1.000 raw shield hp and ~86% explosive resistance. Meaning you could take more than 7.000 explosive damage - could be enough to survive the exploding can if you warp out during a hack.

1 Like

Ok I think I will try that fit with extender and explosive resist. Since my mids only consist of my MWD and my data analyzer.

1 Like

I have taken to tossing 1-2 extra data analyzers and a couple cheap meta MWD in my hold for ghost sites. When I find one I go to the nearest station and leave my ship then pop back into the station and get the beginner ship and go try to hack 2 cans. If I mess up I don’t lose much and if I don’t then I get my loot lootback to my ship and trash the the noob ship. Also remember to BM the site as soon as you enter so if you die on the second can you can come back and maybe get some of the loot from your wreck.

2 Likes

Great idea.

This is good for people with already high skills. Although i am limited by Alpha, I will try this safe method.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.