Standings and Distribution Missions - glitch?

I’m running distribution missions for Boundless Creation corp in Metropolis. I don’t understand how the standings work. I was at 9.96 and had to fail a mission because of a gank (gf lads!) and that dropped me to 9.94 when I failed the mission. I’ve run three missions since and it’s still showing 9.94 and when I look at the failed mission by highlighting to dots on the standing screen - the failed mission is showing the standing dropped to 9.83… but it wasn’t. It’s like the map of dots gets reset.

I really don’t understand how or why those points change. Can someone explain it to me?
And specifically - the red dot when I was ganked said 9.94 and now three missions later it says 9.83

1 Like

the graph is a really crappy approximation of standings, you can basically ignore it

1 Like

Good to know. Ran two more missions and standing doesn’t seem to have changed - still at 9.94 but the red mark has dropped to 9.77

Makes me wonder why they have this then. sigh

1 Like

Maybe someone can help me understand how it is supposed to work. 11 missions later from the red mark which put me back down to 9.94. If I add up the change I should be 10.897 and yet the rating is still showing 9.94. What am I missing?

1 Like

I could be wrong but I believe it is a percentage change not a flat value. I’ve done something like 800 lvl 3 caldari navy distribution missions for my jita trader in the last couple weeks. Today in ~40 missions i got from 9.96 to 9.97.

I decided to go to another system to get. Storyline agent for the same corp. Where I ran before I got two other corps to 9.9 just off their story agents.

2 Likes

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/NPC_standings#Gaining_and_losing_standings

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Standings_101#Standings_-_What_they_are_and_how_they_function

It’s a percentage of the difference between your current standings and 10.0. As you get closer to 10.0 the law of diminishing returns sets in with a vengeance! Theoretically it is impossible to achieve 10.0 but the computer has finite resolution and will eventually round up. If you’re about to fail a mission, see if the cargo is available on contract - it may be worth buying it rather than take the standing hit.

2 Likes

Thanks all! Very helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.