Brokers are people in the game that invest into a business which buys LP from players and stores it in a corporation. You can contact them to get whatever you need. As a business oriented player I find it fascinating and interesting to engage with such entities. I don’t do PVE myself so it’s interesting to hear from people that do.
Hey by the way you’ve been told multiple times that your idea would completely destroy many many entities in this game. That’s just a fact in economics. I’m not saying your whole idea is bad or anything like that. I just simply think that this portion of your idea should be seen for what it is and then adapted to something better.
There’s no other way around it. If you allow a button press to exchange two different items… There is no need for two different items. Everything that made the two items independent would be destroyed at the moment they become one.
Cool. I’m happy to drop the matter. It was an idea, fell flat. Moving on. As for LP brokers, does the LP translate into standings changes or how does the interaction benefit the player. I’m curious because I’ve accumulated a bit.
Got it. Rand would disagree with giving the BPC. Good thing she never had children lol.
Addressing faction standings is not new and has been discussed in the forums at length. From a project management standpoint I looked at ‘what is the problem we are trying to solve?’. Based on this, the problem is: the current system of faction standings denies content. However, I also wanted to take into account dev time to actually devote to any changes. Dev time is a valuable resource, and needs to be allocated appropriately. If standings reform is not impactful or (more likely) difficult to disentangle - then dev time is better served elsewhere. Like HUD changes.
Only an opinion: I think these devs are totally invested in their product and genuinely want players to enjoy it. This would be a much different game if they were not.
While I completely understand and sympathize with the point you’re trying to make, I hate to say this but that ship set sail a long time ago when CCP decided to streamline skill training and standing requirements, those changes basically made a lot of specialized Capsuleer Service business ventures obsolete…
I actually mentioned that aspect on May 8, 2019 in this thread…
I totally agree with that and don’t really like the idea of ‘Buying Standings’… In fact, you do know I sorta exposed more emergent gameplay options when I first created the ‘Faction Standing Repair Plan’ back in early 2010… Even though ‘The Plan’ is still basically viable today, unfortunately most of those Agents are only accessible once during the Capsuleers life span… Personally I’d like to see those Agents made repeatable like the Epic Arcs but have them enabled with a much longer cool down timer…
Since @AristaBarret left me in a state of equilibrium I’ll make a final comment… I’m more than happy to experience solutions that emphasize what has become a reality for humans - political, industrial and military relationships have become monetized to a great degree. If it is the more-involved bribery mechanic, love it.
The plan is (no offence intended) clunky and if I can only do those data centres once, it offers a short term one-time solution. I might even agree with repeatable…but then we’re back to grinding missions for standings.
Personally I’d prefer approaching the Gallente consulate, having them tell me I’ve been naughty and acted against their interests in the past. Then plant a fat stack of isk on his desk (or some other creative token I can find in game) and say ‘can i go kill Serpentis and Caldari for you now?’
I wouldn’t call ‘The Plan’ clunky, even if it is a bit time consuming…
Back when ‘The Plan’ was first implemented, the original intent was to help Capsuleers fix their standings due to mistakes made early in their career, not as a way to keep repeating those mistakes… But since it is a plan that can be customized to work for each Capsuleers specific issue, it can be used for that several times… With the way how level 1 Agents are set up now along with the Epic Arcs, Capsuleers can still fix their standings even if they’ve already completed all of the steps listed in ‘The Plan’…
Now about quickly buying standing back so as to continue doing what was previously done, that basically removes one of the main core aspects that this game was based on… I’m talking about ‘Actions Have Consequences’.. Since it took time to ruin your standings, it should also take time to fix your standings…
But hey I get it, you’re part of the ‘Instant Gratification’ crowd… Hopefully CCP/FC doesn’t pander to that mentality anymore.. So yeah, I’ll have to say no on ‘Buying Standings’…
Yeah, having used the plan and also the emergent standings buying in the past, I do abhor the idea of simplification of the game. I love the depth and breadth of the game itself. I do understand that FC has reduced that in the past and that is sad imo. I have just recently read of the OECD standardized testing of 15 year olds in the world and in my Canada and how kids are literally getting stupider. This, for me, bodes ill for the future of gaming.
I want to see expanded avenues for both emergent gameplay and allow those who still, and will always desire, the hardcore and complex gameplay to continue. Standings would be a cool way to create Lore and other storyline based gameplay where you could track and follow the intrigue of the numerous corporations, factions and other entities in Eve. Whether thats, as you say, just making them rerunnable with cooldowns or something entirely new and imaginative.
Was an idea I had regarding using AI to do the manhandling and allow faction and corporate intrigue to be a part of Eve.
The base idea that would allow people to follow or create more granular standings gains/losses and then have agents that sort of “pop-up” and disappear again that are linked to nefarious, black markets, or other corporate/faction intrigues to allow something akin to the 16 mission storyline agents but that are much more randomized but where the choices affect a lot of things.
Or even be a stand alone missioning arc(s) where youd have to move between the empires, between high/low/null, or any areas to complete the missions or even be an avenue of black market sort of items trading between corporations/factions where enemy players and NPCs could hunt you down while you try to complete the missions.
But I do think the effort isnt worth the result more than likely, which makes me sad. But I think theres so many possibilities to engage in for gameplay and intrigue on a vast level. Both as line members and as director/CEO level intrigue.
@DeMichael_Crimson Hell yeah I’m part of the instant gratification crowd. Happy to own that particular trait dude! I do try to avoid framing my remarks in a disparaging or disrespectful way when replying to others. In any case, some see the solution as an easy button, I’m just not sure I do. Scale the cost vs benefit. Give it diminishing returns. Make it’s effectiveness skill-dependent. Frame it in a black market. Make it only effective to reach a certain standing.
All that being said I appreciate those that chose to respond! o7
Cool man. Besides you are right about me. BUT, i see so much inconsistency when you look through the game with that lens (immediate gratification). Alts of convenience, multi boxing, skill injectors, hypercores (sort of), PLEX all revolve around it. Y’all are smarter and more experienced players than I am - I mean it - where else does the easy button exist?
Before you say abyssals please don’t take that content away - I love that timer and dopamine hit.
Sorry for the lengthy-ish post but, all this talk of “instant gratification” or “dumbing down” Eve is off-base, IMO. Some people have forgotten the bad old days; training learning skills for a month before you could even start training your core skills efficiently so you could play, losing SP if you lost your T3 cruiser, having to constantly upgrade your clones or lose SP if you got podded without doing so and others I’ve forgotten. Those things didn’t make the game better or more interesting. They were silly and punishing for no good reason. Thankfully FC dumped them (even though some still lament their loss).
I also feel that some players also suffer from “I had it hard so these newbies should too” syndrome. They tend to forget that Eve is not an IQ test or some kind of indicator of mental toughness. It’s a freaking game meant to entertain.
Others on these forums like to dump on WoW and similar games for being overly simplistic or catering to “the masses” but, you can bet your last dollar that FC would murder to have Blizzard’s player counts and revenue.
Lighten up folks. You’re not automatically superior just because you play Eve. And Kuroda you keep thinking outside the box. Although I don’t agree with this particular idea of yours doesn’t mean you should stop thinking of ways to make the game more entertaining and less grindy.
You didn’t have to train those skills unless you actually planned on staying with the game for quite a while, and most players training those skills had a full set of +4 or +5 attribute implants…
True you didn’t have to but, it was one of those things that pretty much every experienced player strongly advised you to do. I know that’s what I was told when I was new and I know others all over the game were being told as well. And yeah learning implants were definitely a thing.