⭐ MOONPIRE Investment Bank !closed!

As a banker in real life here in the US for over 35 years, I want to address the question of “collateral” that has been brought up. Collateral typically involves loans and not investments. MoonPire is an investment and not a loan. As Arisah Moon stated, it makes no sense to 100% collateralize someone investing. You would be trading MoonPire isk for an individual’s isk of the same amount. There would be no net increase in isk for MoorPire to use.

Loans are rarely 100% collateralized with cash. It is more common to see a loan collateralized as % of the loan value. Such as 50% loan to value. Banks do this to protect against loss but also to make sure the borrower has some skin in the game. In other words, they have something to lose as well so will be less likely to walk away from the loan.

Investments are about trust. Trust that the people running the corporation can protect the investment from loss of principal and also provide a decent rate of return. All investors need to make that decision.

I have invested 10bil isk under plan 2. Basically the cost of a jump freighter. A jump freighter that costs me money every time I jump her. The cost of the fuel is in actuality “negative interest”. I also could lose not only the ship and fuel but the valuable cargo. It’s all about risk reward as an investor.

Could I get scammed? Yep. Do I think this is a scam? No.

Invest or not. Hammering Arisa Moon with your opinion is really counter productive. Anyone with over a billion isk to invest should be wise to scamming and would have had the same thought process as I have been through before investing so you really are not warning anyone.

Be nice.

1 Like