Stargate noises intensify

Just made my usual 4 jumps. Nothing has changed. Bugged as before, persistent Hum and the white noise, still intensifying with each jump, and active inside station
Client version 1893597, launcher version 1892908, fresh start

p.s. fixes on gate sounds were not in patch notes, so maybe it didn’t make it into this one ?

Might be that it didn’t make it into todays release, there’s a patch Thursday.
This bug has become my Moby Dick now, we’ll harpoon this thing even if it drags me down to Davy Jones’ Locker.

5 Likes

At least it’s comforting to know that someone is monitoring the situation. Thanks !!!
And a hundred years before the mast is very EvE :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

soooo many jokes :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda disappointed there haven’t been some whaling / nautical tomfoolery going on after I dropped this bombshell :confused:

Man the oars ! Row for your life !
200w (1)

:rofl:

I walked into that one.

1 Like

noise is still present :frowning:

Is it constant from all gates you travel through?

Bridging the communication gap :laughing:
Here’s the reddit thread with @ccp_habakuk’s reply https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/mq5k14/star_gate_ambient_audio_bug/

The problems with the audio engine take different shapes:

1. via jumping (persistent Hum and the other weird “white noise”)
  2. via other activities - sometimes Ship Sounds become persistent, notably npc whisper (like from sansha sites) after visiting a customs office
  3. only the one from jumping (Hum and white noise) seems to increase in dB with every jump

For me yes! I was taking a few missions yesterday, jumping through stargates and returning to complete them, the stargate sound was following me and getting louder, Hope this helps :slight_smile:

@CCP_Fleebix Not fixed with today’s update. Even have the impression that the white noise is now stronger than the gate hum, and faster to become louder. You’ll need a bigger harpoon.

I was talking to one of the audio devs, the cause has been found and we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Remember that Moby Dicks’ favorite trick was to seem to flee; sound (dive) and then turn and breach in the midst of the whalers attacking their ships :expressionless:

1 Like

Sounds to me that you think this will not be over soon ™, the light is a freight train ? And this CCP Soundwave keeps haunting our audio until they find the root cause of the cause ? (you see what I did thar, Capt’n)
Fly safe and sound o7 :grin:

1 Like

This background sound is brutal.

From what i read this was a thing years ago and now its back.

To zero world sounds also zeros the other ccp sounds that I appreciate…just delete that gate sound already :slight_smile:

Over on the Known Issues thread for 19.03 it is mentioned that this afternoon the engineers found it was a memory leak from the camera that is the underlying cause. So, we may be getting close to a real solution.

3 Likes

Thats great news

Medieval folk tunes are doing a great job replacing eve world sounds, but…i want the sound of my warping boom sounds back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finaly good news!!! THANK YOU!!!

Is there an eta for the fix?