Stargate noises intensify

Nothing concrete at the moment. There’s a patch tomorrow and thursday and this is high priority so we’re hoping to have everything in place by then.

3 Likes

Try it now.

Methinks it’s fixed !!

Big thank you to all involved !!875588896

1 Like

“From hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!”

2 Likes

Don’t want to spoil the party and only want to remind everyone that there’s plenty of life forms in the ocean. It’s only a matter of time before they release …
release-the-kraken-gif-7
:rofl:

3 Likes

The humming is still duplicating itself at times. Seems to “collect” on my trips to Jita from the Dresi area.

I noticed that “Ship Effects” linger, after using a cloaking device (during a long session). The bug has offspring…

When I thought I was out… they pull me back in.
Well, I’ve forwarded this to the appropriate authorities, we’ll get this squished!

2 Likes

Was able to recreate this:
legion fitted with covops cloak, first eve session of the day after a cold reboot of pc, first ship used: 1) undock and drift away from station to at least 2000m (no commands given except dscan coz there be pirates in these waters, Cap’n) 2) cloak up (specific sound byte starts) 3) warp off 4) make a few gate jumps and dock up.
Sound persists while docked
Sound is gone when undocking again - setting it apart from the “hum” bug :grinning:
Didn’t make a separate bug report for this one. (old one for gate jumps is still “attached”), maybe because i prefer it to certain station sounds, lol.
Here’s the funny bit: docking at Amarr stations keeps the sound active while docked, Caldari stations do not seem to. That’s a first swipe of Ockham’s razor for you bug squishers. More to follow

I’ve been having a similar issue that seems strongly related. I have not noticed a continious hum, but instead I basically just lose the low end of my audio entirely. The workaround seems to be the same, toggle the “enable audio”, but as soon as I jump to another system the issue recurs.

In case it is somehow gate related, this only started happening when I flew around Hek.

Thoughts on if this should be a separate bug report? Any ideas/progress on a fix?

I’d say that’s a different bug, and filing a bug report should be a first step after you checked the audio driver of your hardware. The jump gate ‘hum’ bug, which was a memory leak issue, has already been fixed over a month ago.

If the issue is unique and due to your configuration, and not more people report it as a bug, then it will likely be a while before a solution is found.

I have noticed the past few days this bug seemed to have disappeared. Then I realized, I haven’t been in Amarr space the past few days. Flying through Amarr space today, and the constant sound is back. It seems slightly quieter in Khanid space, but still present. It takes a break during jumps, to return on landing. It persists even when logging out and changing characters. It only goes away by completely quitting the game and then coming back in.