State of EVE?

It does not matter what you fly or where you fly if enough pilots want you, your dead and back in your pod regardless.

See what you’ve done here? I can avoid losing a chess match by never playing chess. I can avoid a gate camp, a suicide gank, a suspect bait, a contract scam, etc. That’s not “game”. Are you suggesting that the “game” for PVErs in EVE is avoiding PVP?

1 Like

Wrong, I flew in a suspect orca 5 jumps from jita while streaming (with often the highest EvE viewer count on twitch) for at least a month and made enough profit to sub 3 accounts and replace the orcas I lost.

Constantly hunted, constantly avoided the hunters.

I do see what I did, and now you’re “avoiding” the question because you know I’m right and you just want to be lazy/afk.

EDIT: But let me rephrase: Name something that you think you cannot counter and I’ll tell you how to counter it.

1 Like

Yes! 100% You are safe in null-sec if u pay attention to local!

Oh great, snowflake incoming @Nevyn_Auscent

1 Like

Plus all your neutral logi alts. It’s funny how you conveniently neglect to mention that you were baiting with neutral support when trying to make your case…

They’re friends not alts. And you act like they’re all on all the time. Which is untrue. You also, again, do not understand enough about the game mechanics. I was SUSPECT as in a whole fleet of any and everything can attack me and all my friends can do is effectively watch. The fleets were very often there, and looking for me, but unable to kill me because I knowingly avoided them.

The behavior that you’re talking about wasn’t a thing until crimewatch. Those friends would’ve been in neighboring systems hunting for their own targets. Yet another example of how nerfing emergent gameplay only makes PvPers have to go to more extreme measures to have any sort of success. Making the subsequent content less enjoyable for all parties involved.

1 Like

I have lost hope to EvE long ago as PvP player, but I’m still trying!

Therefore I have brilliant idea!
Let’s just have two separate servers!

1. PvE server, where player targeting is disabled! U can only shoot rats or target rocks on belts.

2. PvP server, player targeting is enabled, PvP is allowed in every corner of space.
    And ofcuz no local (cheat), it’s all up to you and your scanning abilities to make sure u come up on top.

PvE servers market would crash, PvP server would be the only thing left.

1 Like

It’s funny how PvE people who grind all day in safety to plex their accounts are being held on mommas lap.

And

PvP people who most likely buy plex with real $$ to support their fun, are being pushed out.

PvP server would die first from lack of PVP. It’s been tested by other MMOs to similar deaths of both servers. PVE lasts longer due to the build your own empire and not caring about the markets because they want to build everything themselves.
But yes, then the PVE server does as well after that.

Splitting the servers is a bad idea.

@Oliver_Delorean You do get that basically all these upcoming nerfs are aimed at PvE players to make them more vulnerable.

2 Likes

PvP server would be TQ now. PvE server would literally crash immediately. EvE is not other MMOs or even remotely close. It’s a moot point regardless.

@Mayhaw Morgan
Name something that you think you cannot counter and I’ll tell you how to counter it.

You’re losing the plot. Avoidance is trivial, but it is not really “game”. Not playing chess is not PLAYING chess.

Are you suggesting there is a counter to being hot dropped, suicide ganked, caught in a gate camp, bumped in your freighter, suspect baited, AWOXed, etc.? Please feel free to take a stab at any of these.

1 Like

PvPers will always have a ‘you should have done this’ Because they always use the perfect world argument. And there is always one more thing you could have done.

1 Like

Well if you actually wanted to play chess then you would be doing all of the activities you mentioned.

But yes you can counter every one of those. I’ll tackle them individually.

Hot Drop: Watch local, PvE in an umbrella, generally dont be afk

Gate Camp: Don’t go through Rancer or Tama, Have an alt or friend scout ahead if you do, or if you have no cargo fly an interceptor with a tank (simulate a mach with faction smartbombs, see how much damage it does in 2 volleys, thats how much ehp you need) and agility mods.

Freighter Bump: Have an alt or friend web you into warp or avoid the 2 systems where people do this (uedama and niarja) or simply use a jump freighter.

Suspect Bait: dont shoot the suspect… duh

Awox: Turn off friendly fire in your corp.

Suicide Gank: Tank your ship, web your freighter into warp (or just use a jump freighter), dont autopilot, dont afk. Depends on the type of suicide ganking. Give me the specific scenario where you’re being suicide ganked and I’ll tell you how to counter it 100% of the time.

No we use the “you could’ve easily done this but you were too lazy and think CCP should delete half their game so you can be afforded the freedom to be that lazy” argument.

I like this request! I try to keep it short and simple.

First I would like to mention that I mostly enjoy pvp only in negative security space.
I got only one toon, and I want to be able to do business in high sec, without worrying about my security status.

Now it usually ends up… me playing the game 3 hours, jumping 50+ systems and if I’m lucky, I get one afk ratter or something else, that is trying to encounter me.

As long as null sec have local… no balance change will make it more risky!

These nerfs are aimed at the near 100% safe pve activities in null-sec that have driven plex prices through the roof and completely broken the game.

1 Like

Also it’s extremely hilarious that all the nerfs you guys have clamored for have made all of these activities much more prevalent as they have removed all of the more interesting PvP content from the game. The logistics change is going to do the exact same thing. Be prepared for even bigger wardec corps and even more suicide ganking. It’s pretty much all that will be left afterall.

2 Likes