State of the EVE Universe

I would say that it’s the industry players who are actually toxic.

First of all they overproduce like locusts making it impossible for any starting player to enter that field. Beyond that people who care about numbers tend to not care about people resulting in taking advantage of your newbie corp members (ore buy back etc), inactive corps lead and filled by alts trapping newbies in a terrible and impersonal corp for personal gain.

Perhaps exploding once or twice is far less soul destroying and would that happen in low sec those toxic pvpers tend to help those newbies with info and, at times, replace the loss.

People who PvP interact with others, people who do industry tend to be miserable money pinchers who freak out when crossed.

2 Likes

It’s a repost of his reply in Tessa’s “my 1st month in EVE” thread. Though thankfully he’s added some structure and breaks this time.

It’s also a bit of a dichotomy between “EVE is doomed” and “EVE is awesome”, so I can’t really tell where he is on that either.

Full sentences, long post, metaphor usage and fence-sitting - and nobody can tell where he stands on the real issues. Feels he didn’t get enough attention the first time he said it so made it a thread.

IRL politician detected.

7 Likes

Perhaps a @Brisc_Rubal alt
:joy:

2 Likes

Meh. I can find ‘Eve Is Dying’ articles from 2014…which in turn reference that the first ‘Eve Is Dying’ reference was as far back as 2003.

You lose your debate creditability when you say vague words like this. BE SPECIFIC.

??? What does this have to do with EVE. I like people who tell things straight up give me your opinion and real thoughts this is an internet forum. Talor your responses to the audience this is stuff we learn in high school writing.

This is literally a feeling if you don’t notice the newer generation of gamers want instant gratification that’s why we have things like LSI, Abyssal Arena, Abyssal Dead Space, NS filiments, and more. All NEAR INSTANT content.

I would like to believe most groups in EVE are pretty normal people like comon? EVE toxic? I know their is drama but on a day to day encounter I consider EVE to be pretty chill. YOU WANT TOXIC? Play Dota 2, Fortnite, CSGO, COD, LoL, and so many more.

Why do people keep declaring every game dying/dead? - Communications Center / Out Of Pod Experience - EVE Online Forums

Not refuting EVE is not dead/dying but clearly OP is emotional here in his statement and cannot be taken in a serious manner debate wise. Watch the 2 videos about why every game is “dead/dying” Don’t get emotionally attached to a game. It will do you a lot of good OP.

3 Likes

As a solo industrialist I have to concur the market is as bloated as a dead sea elephant on a hot beach.

I now rarely attempt to sell and stick to producing only what I need to build up my fleet/components for backup and future endeavors. When determining margins with Research, Invention, Build, and Sale factored there it’s rarely worth attempting to make ISK via sales (With the exception of things like new crystals and cores when they first hit the market.)

My builds are 90% from scratch (10% Jita materials) BPO through Build in the lowest taxed structures available (in high sec). My skills are maxed for every aspect of mining, research, invention, and trade. I mine my own ore, haul it to the most cost effective refineries. Still the margin is so minimal if I actually want to sell it in a timely way it’s not worth the costs of listing it.

Sure I can make some isk taking advantage of players desire for convenience cough laziness cough in certain markets but even that is minimal and I would make more isk/hr mining materials I don’t really need but it would be used by others to further bloat the market.

After watching the ‘Magic Bus’ guys presentation during Fan Fest I think I’m going to find a new way to make working in New Eden more rewarding.

And I still don’t want to smash F1 or chat with others to find that rewarding playstyle – time to get creative :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, I’d expected more from you :slight_smile:

Please tell me gank squads aren’t toxic when they ■■■■ up local with things that would make my Grandfather blush.

Its probably best to agree negative elements of the player community exist as some cross section. Unless you really, really don’t want any indy players whatsoever, its probably time to stop shitting all over that playstyle as some type of core cause.

We both know idiots exist everywhere, not just in mining ships.

I played other games recently and it was so refreshing, take a look at this picture from a silly indie game called Dungeonmans:

“Fighting here would be anexercise in a grindy boredom, let’s just skip ahead to where you crush all the monsters and scoop up the loot,s ok”

I approached a dungeon and I received this notification and I loved it, so I clicked “Yes, let’s do that!” and the dungeon got instantly cleared and it vomited a bunch of loot as a compensation for not grinding!

I approved this approach, an indie game just showed me something that is uninmaginable in EVE.

Sounds like you… ganked that dungeon.

4 Likes

The game isn’t dying, it’s just in need of new leadership at the upper levels. The last few years have really hurt player count.

Every thread is a pro-gank thread. Even the anti-ganking threads.

Especially the Anti-ganking threads

2 Likes

Yeah its true.

Hilmar needs more loyal lieutenants.

A purge is in order

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.