Station environments in EVE are overdue for updates, and updates need to be made in synch with external events or new releases. Examples:
Announcement messages and ads in EVE stations in general haven’t been updated in years. The same verbal messages have been playing since at least YC125 in some cases. If I have to hear the CreoDron message about " an old man in a hurry" one more time, I’m going to gank that old man!
There is a lack of timely updates to station messages. Gallente Election ads are still playing some months after that event ended.
The recent incidents around the Jita gates prompted absolutely no new messages in Jita 4-4 station that would have informed station residents about the status of the Jita system. It was like nothing had happened and everything was completely normal. It was a total crisis for Jita and yet nothing was stated inside the station. This type of attention to detail is important and helps maintain the game as a consistent environment. The fact that Concord took over management of Jita, also prompted no in station messaging.
There were no in game station messages about Caldari taking over Syndicate, a huge political shift.
There is also too much in station background noise. This is a hyperadvanced civilization and station environments would be quieter with only minimal machinery noise.
Please get rid of those annoying drones that come in and laser my ship while its docked. WTF!
I am currently in Dodixie and an announcment just mentioned YC125. The in game year is YC128 so that’s three years that message has been playing.
Woah did you just mention something I haven’t thought about. I would agree on this, investing time into the station environment is not a bad idea.
What about putting an Ad board up that places like Mc Donalds or Coca cola could advertise on. Walmart for example could advertise and we could click it and get plex for visiting their website.
I agree that the info in the station environments could use some updates but it makes no sense to have current US companies advertising in space stations in another galaxy 20,000 plus years in the future. No, thanks. Total immersion breakers, IMO.
increase the visual effect when a station is under attack and/or reinforced. If you use a red-ish skin on an astra for example, the difference is barely visible, especially if you have only the “outside” view activated and zoomed out pretty far.
That thing’s surface should be literally sparkling from the reinforcement-energy and red alert signals flashing everywhere.
Sorry for suggesting an immersion breaker for the game. It’s just really cool if you get game companies paying you game currency for clicking advertisements. What’s a dollars worth of plex going to get me anyways?
I wouldn’t mind seeing international advertisements in the station though. It doesn’t just have to be US ads; they could advertise Iceland ads for anything and I’d be down to look at it. It could be cheap ads too, under $15 a person.