Station Pubs/Taverns

Speaking of which, is there any info on whatever it is that replaced Project Nova following the acquisition by Pearl Abyss?

Postponed indefinitely.

other than “space” there is almost no overlap between scam citizen and eve

iirc this was literally the main goal. something that was ultimately a separate game accessed from within eve geared toward attracting a completely separate market, it was the same with dust before sony funded it and made it exclusive to PS3. In a perfict world it would have been a companies wet dream a single “game” that appealed to the FPS market, the casual social market, and the hardcore sandbox mmo market all under one subscription model. The marketing would have made itself and its customer pool would have been massive.

but in the real world I doubt any company could have pulled it off let alone one as small as CCP.

I do want to give them credit for having the balls to attempt it though. it was a huge risk and incarna nearly killed the entire company.

Yeah i remember a mock login screen where it was like ‘do you want to login to your dust, valkyrie or eve character?’

Very exciting concept, but hugely ambitious.

I personally believe that what we deem Project nova to be is still being worked on behind closed doors, whenever the name is changed allegidly there would be floods of requests for what the project is called and what is happening with it. this says to me whatever they’re working on, isn’t ready to be publically discussed untill they not only have solid game play but solved other possible issues too.

I personally think warclones having businesses like small arms dealer ships, Pubs & Taverns and dealing with contracts, stolen tech and other data all happening and meeting at “the space bar” would be totally friggin cool. maybe that instead of buying these items off of the main ingame markets you would have to visit the space bar to “meet a contact” and buy them in some shady back room deal.

all those players who go on about how they run 5 accounts at once, might have to shut down 4 of them to access the space bar to get something they need, which exisits within the universe but have to visit the space tavern to actually obtain it.

fun fact. in regards to the lore of the game, when the tac-net was shut down the warclones minds were stored in a virtual reality simulation to keep them sane.

something which I think would be cool, would be having several pre-selected environment types for large towns or cities to exisit which are still within that virtual reality, war clones can then look for work from this virtual reality and then download their minds from this VR world to the tac-net, when the fight is over, you could just go back to the VR world. perhaps the concept behind this is to break free from the bonds of virtual bondage, fight for your freedom so you can remain in the real world.

I could envision this being some kind of warclone revolution. all because space taverns, small structures and maybe station services exisit.

1 Like

Oi we already had this story line we don’t need a repeat.

???

we did? (genuine have no idea #confusedaf)

The sleepers and the other

the other? (i have no idea what you’re talking about)

That’s literally what the entity who knew the sleepers vr world was fake and escaped it.

If the broker wasn’t behind something the other probably was

oh, my understand was that the sleepers controlled their ships from within a VR world and didn’t fear death because of it, this is why they just go for broke and don’t care about armour or hull on their ships or even consequenting death because they’re already safe and the ship is just an avatar in the real world for them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.