Stations vs Starbases ; Combine the two

Congratulations on your revelation. That is literally the way Eve was designed. It’s not supposed to be fair. It’s supposed to be whatever the players make it. If you’re getting ganged up on, that’s Eve. If that’s not to your liking, there are plenty of other games that can shelter you better than this one.

Pillar 2 gives the details.

The following is a pertinent quote detailed under Pillar 2. This quote lists the range of time (shortest/longest) game mechanics allow for the destruction of a citadel. (There are a number of variables which can affect the time frame, so the following only delineates the range provided by game mechanics. Personal efforts by the aggressing and defending forces, prior to the onset of combat, will influence time frames.)

Under this new system a random unscouted attack against a full power Upwell structure could lead to a set of reinforcement timers with a maximum combined duration of 14 days in highsec, 11 days in nullsec and lowsec, and 9 days in W-space. However, a prepared attacker that hacks the structure for its reinforcement information ahead of time can ensure that those durations drop to 7 days in highsec, 4 days in lowsec and nullsec and 2 days in W-space. This highlights the importance of hacking potential target structures to obtain the best possible information for your planning.

*emphasis in the above is mine

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t taking down a keepstar a full on red pen bring every titan/super you have you’re going to lose several just to the damn citadel firing off bombs and doomsdays in all directions?

And you want to make them tougher?

Interesting, no one told me this. People in game just told me that structures get destroyed all the time with ease, and shown me the killboards of structures being killed by 2-3 ships, some rare cases one ship. In the cases of ones that appeared to be online and capable of mounting a defense, it looked like it only took 7 ships.

These are starbase replacements, and are 10x weaker than a starbase and can’t even self defend against a few people. I get that a low power one wouldn’t defend but, I still prefer an online structure be able to defend its self against some random guy who happens to know that the corporation is on vacation at the time. Like people who attacked starbases on christmas because it was funny watching people who spent time with their families get back online to find out everything’s lost. You ever wonder what would happen if someone was gone for 2 weeks because they went to their grandma’s funeral in a different state, and they get back to see 3 of their citadels were blown up by 1 guy with 3 accounts who happened to know this fact that the care takers were absent? Sure, unlikely scenario but, it could happen.

Destroying a structure should be hard. It should take more than five guys if the structure is online. That is my position on it. Regardless of this long duration invulnerability mode of 7 to 14 days. I just think stations should be capable of mounting a small amount of self defense to ward off trolls but require a defense fleet for an actual war.

Adding POS turrets to a Keepstar wouldn’t make it harder. If you already have to bring a fleet that big, the turrets would barely be noticed because they’d be weak compared to the defense fleet. Assuming that they do the module idea that lets you have up to x turrets per module.

Besides that, the Keepstar is the biggest, most powerful of them all, it should be hard. Aren’t those things like 700 billion ISK? Isn’t a titan around the range of 50 billion? I don’t remember the prices of a titan but… Yea. Obviously someone’s going to be home to defend their keepstar.

And if you’re adding hardeners and ewar onto the damn things as well as guns, that’s going to make a huge difference.

If you take a look at the sheer number of them in null, you’ll see why making them harder to kill is bad.

If you own the system, why not plop down as many stations as you want? The killboards are littered with daily kills of like 10-20 stations most of them in null.

Perhaps we need something to limit the number of stations in an area then? I suppose we can ignore ewar POS weapons. Make hardeners only fit in module slots. That way you must choose between ewar or hardening.

I just kinda gave up here on the forums though. No one wants to discuss solutions, they want to bash the entire idea. Why think critically when you can say no. Its simpler that way for people. I lost even more motivation when I found out how toxic eve reddit is when I reported a simple bug and tried to make a joke out of it. So meh. My ideas go no where, no one wants to think on them, to provide input. Just bash it and move on is all I get.

At least you didn’t come by to insult me and stuff, I’ve just, lost the motivation to care anymore.

you get a week to defend the thing for no fuel requirement and it insta heals to 100% if no one shows up in the 15 min repair window. Also CCP didnt want stations soloing cap ships like i could with POS.

What i disagree on is if i can to do a job with stations i need like 3 stations to be good at a job.

I didn’t say solo a capital ship, just prevent one battleship from being able to solo it, or even 3 battleships.

And yea, I noticed stations are kinda pathetic in multiple areas. Need multiple to perform well in certain areas. I’ll bet CCP take away NPC station jobs to force everyone to only use player stations for everything.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.