Stealth Heavy Bombers

Except that kill would not have happened with that carrier having support (like a fax).

I think the problem with heavy bombers is making sure they do not fullfil a role already filled by other ships, but better.

So stealth? I would say give it the Endurance Role Bonus:

50% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
• Cloak reactivation delay and targeting delay reduced to 5 seconds
• No penalty to ship max velocity when using Cloaking Devices

You do not have the ability to covops bridge them around and make bombers obsolete, but you also can park them somewhere until it is time to do your bombing run in fights.

Then we have the next problem: Size.

The suggested destroyer size would let you move them very easy through wormholes (even small whs), also gives them quick gate travel.
Again, we already got bombers for that and judging from zkill they work just fine at getting rid of caps/rorquals.

So here is my take on this: If we want heavy bombers, make them heavy. Battleship size and mass.

Now for other stuff that would make them unique, without replacing other ships:

Role Bonus:
200% Bonus to Bomb flight time (which means you are quite far away from the target you are hitting, subcaps have enough time to react, like using a command destroyer to get to you)
Bonus to Bomb EHP, Explosion Radius.

Basically make sure the bombs are possible to avoid with small ships, but hurt a lot if you react too slow (or are in a capital/sitting still)

I am not quite sure about the slot layout, since Battleship size would suggest more slots, but there are exeptions for big specialized ships with less slots (Freighters, Bowheads)

Lol… fax is a logi, capital size but logi. You can also say " a ratting rattlesnake is not possible if je got a scimi as support. " every logi safe any ship from a solo player or a 2 man ‘gang’.

You only need a few ppl in subcaps to kill a capital if its not a haw dread :joy: you just need tp know what ship you engage and what ship you need to bring. I could solo any capital in my kronos if got enough time and ammo. But if there are reinforcements then you will die for sure. And a capital gang needs a good amount of subcaps to get killed or you bring your own caps

Any ships can kill a capital provided DPS > passive shield regen :wink:

Also in most capital fights most of the capitals that get killed are those not being able to receive remote repairs (Fax/Dread).

I would approve something that would encourage capitals to be a bit more spread out (and thus not every capital being able to receive repairs from every fax on grid)

They die because they are the bigger problem on field. Dreads have the most dps for very less isk. And you never kill anything ongrid if there are faxes on field. So at first clean enemy’s easy glasscannon and after this the faxes. If you are done then kill the rest if you could manage to tackle it the whole fight

The problem is that in the current meta the objective is already done in most cases before one side runs out of faxes. At which point the focus goes towards tackle and then the capitals leave.
Which is why OP wants anti capital bombers.

Game lore says that battleships can’t use covert cloak, so maybe crusier or battlecruisers will be a acceptable hull.

Thats why I said Endurance bonus. No covops cloak.

So it becomes a Black ops ship???

I mean if size was your concern then CL to BC should be fine. and not to mention, it won’t cost 1.5 bil for the hull

1 Like

my concern with smaller ships sizes is that they come with a smaller mass, which matters in wh fights.

I would be fine with them having less slots for fitting and a smaller pricetag.

As a fellow Wormholer, I understand this sentiment. However, my experience is that you usually will get dropped on by t3c/d, cruisers, interdictors, and frigates.

I think you also forgot that it’s not CCP that sets the price of ships, it’s the players. And if the ship is to bulky or doesn’t fill in the desired role, it will make the few on market overpriced for something cheap bombers can do.

1 Like

CCP sets the price of ships in regard to the materials needed to build them.
I would love giving the Rokh, Hyperion, Maelstrom and Abaddon a T2 variant.
They are also all long hulls, which you can use for the acceleration of the bomb.

If something can be done by cheap bombers, use bombers. The usecase for heavy bombers is decimating capitals (and maybe the capital sitting nexxt to it for refit). So a pricetag around 500-700m would be ok, considering the other option would be a dread with hull cost starting at 1.5b

You see, that’s where your wrong. CCP doesn’t set the price of anything that can be built in game, what they do is set the recipe to create you new ship.

It’s up to the players to decide what the materials they mine, refine, create, etc cost not CCP. As it stands now, t2 battleships cost over a bil with BO around 1.2bil and Marauders costing around 1.7bil… well what do you know, that’s capital price.

You’ve said it yourself, price is dependent on materials needed. But using a battleship hull is going to jack up prices that very few will make especially if they are gimped. Using BC hulls will keep pricing closer to 500-700mil (unless players want more)

1 Like

I get what you are saying with players deciding the price, based on supply and demand (both the ship and the resources needed to build it).

Looking at t2 battlecruisers they are more around the 400m ballpark.

The price will depend on the composition and amount of minerals/moon goo needed.

Battlecruisers just feels to small, since it would make it basically a dreadbomb that fits through a wormhole, but does not have to siege.

IMO just give blops bomb launchers. They would be terrifyingly good at killing capitals… and everything else.

But they’re still glass cannons and they’re still retardedly expensive. So… meh. Would feel like an acceptable trade.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.