Stealth Smartbomb Nerf?

As much as I disagree with Anderson on many topics in the case of bubbles they are right. The bubble effect is calculated when you start the warp not while your in warp. If you warp before a bubble goes up at your destination then you will go right through it. If the bubble was there at the moment you warped but is no longer there when you land you still land where the edge of the bubble used to be. In addition because it’s based on the grid were you land you can warp through a bubble if it is between you and an off grid landing destination.

While technically the warp bubble effects are indeed all calculated at the moment the ship initiates warp, the gameplay implication is that your ship can be stopped before or past your warp destination.

So yes, you could argue this has no effect on a ship already in warp from a gameplay perspective. From the player’s perspective who was unaware of bubbles near the destination, you could still see it as ‘affecting your ship in warp’.

I suppose it’s not a very good comparison with other effects that even affect a ship after it initiated warp like smartbombs.

Lack of knowledge about mechanics doesn’t change the mechanics. And from the other side as a user of bubbles it means that if we are on the wrong gate from a target that appears in local / is seen by eyes then we have to bubble up immediately to possibly catch them or they just go through it whether they understand why or not. Also we have had some people accuse us of hacking because they warped to us before bubble went down and landed where the bubble was lol. “How did you stop me there is no bubble there? You dirty cheaters”.

No, it’s from a mechanism perspective. Bubbles only affect ships that initiate warp.
You are completely wrong about gameplay implication. If you enter the warp in something slow enough, say a cap ; and then the dictor drops its bubble ; you won’t exit warp. So no, the bubbles have ZERO effect on the ships in warp.
Just because you believe it, does not mean it’s true.

And just because you repeat it, does not make it true either.
It just makes you spam lies, because you were already explained that you were wrong.

Now CCP can change that. But ATM saying “bubbles affect ships in warp” is just wrong, and repeating it is just stupid. Persevere diabolicum.

Technically you are right and I already said so.

And I tell you that “from the player’s perspective” you are also wrong, with the example of the capital.
It’s not “technically”, you were just completely wrong. If you only select the cases where it’s not inconsistent, it’s cherry picking.

Bubbles never effect ships in warp.

this

was wrong, just like

or

And it’s important because the GAMEPLAY effect of bubble would be different if it was the case.
It’s one of those things that people keep repeating even when it’s wrong, to the point people can’t even accept this is not true.

Would you consider the warp initiation to be part of ‘being in warp’?

I agree that bubbles do not affect a ship after it initiated warp.

In Eve, you can’t initiate warp unless you are out of warp.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.