Steam June 2023 Upgrade

Just an FYI update for anyone considering to drop steam but still want to play Eve Online. A few months ago, I uninstalled this game from my Steam launcher. I first got it running without the Steam and migrated my user settings folder from Steam to the new one. Steam is just used for one or two games now, but since the Apex Legends new 18th season, I went as far as uninstalling Steam as well. I am giving it a rest for the present. This game seems to function better when I close out the Eve Online launcher in the background. This action will just not allow you to swap accounts until you reactivate the launcher.

I am concerned now that CCP has announce a new launcher in beta. Obviously it is their game and not our game to design. I will not download the beta to test it, but soon they will force it upon us. I wonder how many remember the old functional UI they replaced last year with the Photon UI we must use now? I believe having options are better. I feel like the man who keeps tossing the fish back into the ocean and it keeps swimming to the beach trying to kill itself. CCP may survive, but they appear to have a deathwish when it comes to making some decisions.

As for your Steam characters, CCP does allow you to migrate them to the launcher. So even if you do drop Steam (as I have done), you can retain your Steam developed characters within the game. The main website account credentials will allow you to make a new user ID for your Steam account.

Fly safe o7