Thanks, I appreciate it!
What would prevent people from simply anchoring a Fortizar or 2 or 12 on the passive income generator grid?
In my opinion that is the main problem with any proposal of passive income in the post-Citadel era. We live in a time of unlimited fortification potential, whereas a POS represented only a very limited potential for fortification on any particular grid, especially one that had to sacrifice fitting space for moon harvesting.
You make a good point if we consider it through current mechanics (as in, CCP does nothing to address this with the introduction to passive income).
The first idea i’ve had for passive income is you tie it to a service module slot for a refinery (Athanors/Tataras). Where it becomes an automation module that would automatically harvest a moon frack, but you’re only getting maybe 15-20% of the yield and it would disable weapons/utility modules (or reduce the number available, so, -1 hi, mid and low for example). This also keeps both game play styles viable, since you can passively get materials for low return, or active mine moon fracks for high return.
With this idea, then you can’t anchor multiple citadels to defend the passive income because they all have to be a certain distance from each other anyway. On top of that, the passive income source has less or no defense, so it would have to be defended by the people that live there or nearby.
The second idea, if passive income becomes a completely new resource, such as sun harvesting or whatever. Is that the structure itself just has a radius where you can’t anchor citadels next to it or within a certain distance. Which has been implemented on other structures already, so it would be easy enough to add that restriction.
Among many ships and outfits rebalances. Do you think you can propose and support more combat and gameplay QoL additions such as my suggestion regarding Warp Bubbles?. I’m pretty sure you have a lot more QoL suggestion made to suit your playstyle and others.
There is an icon for the ESS indicating when you’re in a bubble or at least indicating warp disrupting, so it would seem reasonable an icon could be made to indicate when you are or are not in a bubble in the other cases outside an ESS.
I’ve also experienced similar frustrations with not knowing when I was fully out of a bubble due to camera positioning/server ticks, so a simple icon would be good.
@Stitch_Kaneland would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?
- Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
- Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
- Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
- Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
- Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures
#1. Yes, you’re right it is a bit insane. It would be abused very easily by parties that inherently have isk to spend on PLEX. Such as botters/RMT’ers or just market traders etc. Not to mention, CCP would never go for it anyway.
I could see it turning into a major time sink that CCP doesn’t really have the ability to manage anyway. There is already people complaining about ticket times, imagine someone giving 100k PLEX to CCP to “make PVE Funner” and then get mad at CCP because they didn’t do it in the timeframe they expected (as in, right now).
#2. I’m not necessarily opposed to it or any kind of corpse harvesting depending on the material/outcome. I could see corpse reprocessing causing any recovered implants to be “downgraded”. So lets say you harvest HG implants, any you get from successful extraction becomes MG implants, or MG becomes LG etc. LG either stays LG or you just can’t extract them (they are destroyed).
#3, 4 & 5. Sure, these seem reasonable
- What have CCP done correctly?
- What have CCP done incorrectly?
- What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
- What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
- What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
- What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
- How would you improve PI?
- How would you improve the entire corporation UI?
1. Not going to name everything, but a few stand-outs are changing cyno’s to recons only and more recently the Uprising/Veridian expansions. FW was a good improvement, I won’t say its perfect but its good that CCP finally addressed the old FW system.
The expansions are important not necessarily for their direct content/changes but the fact that CCP seems to be taking a different approach from their past updates and actually listening and introducing balance tweaks/reworks. Which is important for the foundation of the game (its a game about spaceships, which require tweaks/balance to stay engaging)
2. This is a much larger list, but I don’t feel like typing all day, so i’ll add some bullet points
Up until recently (and even still maybe), CCP has an absolutely glacial pace in regards to iteration on problem areas. This could be ship balance, ecosystem, QoL etc. It feels like we’re destined to suffer through terrible changes for years until someone wakes up and tweaks some numbers.
Nullification change was terrible and really not needed, especially in how it was implemented. It nerfed actual tackle ships and for some inexplicable reason, made DST’s near immune to any kind of interdiction.
CCP’s left arm doesn’t seem to know what its right arm is doing. Hence why we repeatedly get issues where CCP’s marketing department releases special boosters as part of a booster pack that provide in game benefits for real money (aka gold ammo) without the other departments seemingly realizing this. CCP nukes all their community goodwill, CCP’s departments acknowledge each other, realize this was a mistake and pull it. This has happened several times now
CCP’s refusal to admit when something is wrong/bad for the game, but are too stubborn/prideful to admit it. So instead of changing it in a reasonable time frame, we have to wait years (typically with management changes) to finally get the bad/broken thing addressed properly. Currently, this is scarcity, or the remnants of it (why are T1 BS almost 400m?!)
3. Objectives, content drivers, reasons to fight people at larger scales. People only fight out of necessity, instead of for fun or to take something they find useful. Its why the entirety of null has become stagnant with essentially 3 groups controlling all of it, but not doing anything.
I also have multiple ships i’d like to see implemented depending on the meta and need that fill certain roles that don’t currently exist. Super Heavy interdictor, T2 Attack BC, Utility Battleships etc
4. Most forms of long range projection without limitations
6. Gold ammo
7. Less clicks, ability to save templates for planets/setups
8. Not sure on this one as I don’t have much interaction with it
Boy is it! So glad myself to see this happening.
- CCP’s left arm doesn’t seem to know what its right arm is doing. Hence why we repeatedly get issues where CCP’s marketing department releases special boosters as part of a booster pack that provide in game benefits for real money (aka gold ammo) without the other departments seemingly realizing this. CCP nukes all their community goodwill, CCP’s departments acknowledge each other, realize this was a mistake and pull it. This has happened several times now
They’re so Groundhog but without the romance and bank robberies.
I’ve advocated for a deeper inter connection to it, such as the projects feature, for this ^ exact reason. I mean Corporations are at the core. #TheCaldariLife
Thanks for your reply, I’d heart you but I’m all out of hearts. Gotta build that forum trust!
Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Stitch Kaneland?
The CSM cannot control what CCP does in terms of their own security protocols for finding RMT/Gambling operations.
You should look more into what the CSM actually does. Its a focus group. We can say “CCP, RMT and gambling is bad” or bring to their attention a potential RMT/Gambling exploit, but we do not have direct control on CCP “Stopping” anything.
So i’ll give you this answer: If I stumble upon RMT/Gambling operations, then i’ll report to CCP and they will investigate using their own internal affairs protocol.
Appeared on the meta show for the some of my background, changes implemented and some things I see for the future. Check it out!
On Pando’s FC chat where we talk about the CSM changes, balance iterations and more!
You are all welcome to advertise
introduce yourself on one of the largest German Discord servers
And to advertise 1300+ are waiting for you Respect Honor Passion
The candidates are invited LIVE in the stream
And with LIVE translation English to German !!
introduce yourself in an interview and ask questions
to be answered by German speaking players
Yours sincerely (Neo ceo RHP) …
Hey Canucks and Friends!
We got the chance to have a nice interview with @Stitch_Kaneland that we now share with you.
+1 for Stitch Kaneland, revenge for 2022!
Quick question: would you advocate for the return of the Abyssal Arena?
Depends on how it implemented. If its part of a temporary but consistent event (weekly/monthly), then sure.
If its intention is to be permanent and removes more people from space for organic pvp interactions, then I would not.
Thanks for you reply, intermittent events similar to what we had before is all I’m asking for.
Good luck with your campaign.