Stop the ganking start the pvping

I eat banoffee pie because I love banoffee pie. Never mind that I hate bananas and I hate toffee and all I actually eat is a little bit of crust around the edge…I love banoffee pie ! It would just be SO much better if the bananas and the toffee were removed. I’m not being the slightest bit selfish in demanding this against the wishes of the overwhelming majority who like it the way it is…and I wont shut up until crust is all that banoffee pie makers sell.

3 Likes

This is my main. You can send me 1,500 plex and I’ll eject myself from a station and accept a duel request.

But I don’t hate EVE. A more fitting comparison would be that you like banoffee pie but he banoffee pie you like the most could do with being just a little sweeter.

But Altara,

No one is forcing you to eat the bananas and toffee.

However, in EvE, evil gankers are. They show up in their high-speed-pie-shovling spoon shaped ships and force the bananany-toffee goodness down your gullet until you explode

Edit: adding a thrilling emojii story

:woman_cook:(baker aiko) :spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon::spoon::pie::pie::pie::pie::pie::boom::boom::boom:!!

2 Likes

You clearly cannot have explored Eve much, as there are systems where you rarely see another person all day, let alone a ganker. Systems like 0.9 Eba ( down near Amarr )…to give but one example. I have also mined in 0.6 systems in that region and never encountered another person in the belt…and some of the belts there are huge. It is practically impossible to be ganked in an asteroid belt that is 600km across. Even the rats that appear often can’t be bothered approaching as they often appear so far away. Miner paradise !

There are even lowsec systems where you hardly ever see anyone. Travel to highsec Solitude from Vittenyn area and you pass through two regions of lowsec where I have never seen gate campers…or indeed anyone most of the time.

My mining alt often mines in off the beaten track systems where I have only ever seen Safety once in a blue moon, or in systems well protected by local corps. I do PvE, combat anomalies, etc, in systems where I am the only person in the system. It doesn’t get much safer !

God knows where you are operating that you are so scared of bumping into ‘non consensual PvP’. Large areas of Eve are empty. You just need to explore.

Covops or another miner as warp point.

So if there are already systems that are effectively safe, it wouldn’t matter if they were mechanically safe.

There weren’t any other miners…I always had the entire 600km wide belt to myself. I’ve not seen that many belts that are so huge that the rats that spawn on the other side just don’t bother to approach. And the belt is 80 au from the nearest gate…which gives me time to warp off the minute gankers show up in Local. We’re talking about an empty system…I’d notice anyone showing up.

If you want to learn how to mine solo in low sec, I can show you.

I’ve dived into it here and there. (I get bored easily and have to change up activities frequently)

1 Like

Ugh yes but this is not what EVE is.

I think we had already got past the point in which we state the game is a full-loot PVP game. Adding a place where you are immune to PvP destroys the most important core mechanic of the game, hence, the game itself. Everything in the game has been designed around ship destruction / ship replacement. It will not be removed and driven into the ground just because you are not happy you may have to PvP every time you undock. Dont play PvPvE games if you are not willing to arbitrarily die from time to time, to other players.

1 Like

Actually, once this season’s station bashing is over I’d like to learn how to rob the ESS banks in nullsec. It’s quite handy that one can access nullsec directly from highsec systems like Torrinos.

If you want to rob and infuriate the locals, I present a very very damp Celestis:

[Celestis, Moist Celestis]
Overdrive Injector System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

100MN Afterburner II
Remote Sensor Dampener II
Sensor Booster II

Improved Cloaking Device II
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Warrior SW-300 x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Scan Resolution Script x1
Targeting Range Dampening Script x3

The goal is to take the money, deposit it in their structures, and run. Later, asset safety it to lowsec, profit. Since it’s profitable, it isn’t griefing by CCP standards.

Also, use filaments to get around.

1 Like

I’ve done that from torrinos. I wouldn’t recommend. Once the ESS has been robbed, they (the krab defense force) sets up a gate camp on the Torrinos gate on the EPC(?) null sec system side.

What I found works better, are wormholes.

When one opens into null from high sec, or a short rabbit trail, (1-2 WH) jumps works well.

I’m yoinking this fit.

1 Like

It’s not what EVE is to you.

Why am I not surprised when you reject options that take nothing ay from the game and just add a section of space. It has nothing to do with the game being further restricted, it just has to do with you being intolerant of other people’s playstyles, even when they don’t affect you.

It’s the way the game is designed. It’s the way developers and designers of the game intended it to be. That’s why ganking happens. It’s not a design “oversight”. Non-consentual pvp is not a “design oversight”. It’s on purpose.

You are the intolerant about other people’s playstyles. Not me. I dont care what you do in this game. You are the one trying to change the game and ruin it just because you dont like a part of it. You are the intolerance personified and you don’t even realise it.

6 Likes

Well, no, it cannot work that way…because the PvE reward in the top security 1.0 highsec systems is often low. And deliberately so. Why should anyone be rewarded for avoiding difficulty. And surely your ultra-highsec system would have even less reward than a 1.0 system.

Whereas…find an empty 0.5 or 0.6 system and you get far greater reward. That’s the whole point of Eve…risk and reward go hand in hand. Instead of demanding the risk be eliminated entirely, you do your best to mitigate it. Which you will eventually learn is itself fun !

In fact this is THE best argument against ‘PvE Only’ mechanics…the fact that by definition your PvE Only area would have to be very low reward.

It may have been the way it was originally designed but that doesn’t mean it’s the way it’s designed now or the way it will be designed in the future. Adapt or die.

I’m not at all intolerant. I just want a wider audience than you want. You want mainly people like you but then you still expect there to be a target rich environment where new players are your sheep.

It’s not just that. This discussion happens frequently in PvPvE FPS forums. Several players such as this guy are always pushing for PvE only options to avoid the “evil” PK players who enjoy killing other players (never mind it’s an FPS, lol).

And the problem is if you create a pvp free mode / zone, you ruin the economy. Everyone will farm there to their heart’s content and ruin progression. Then step into the PvP mode and STOMP after farming 24/7.

These guys are only complaining about PvP and want a PvE mode because they are the ones getting killed. But when they step out in top tier gear after a week of non-stop farming, they will proceed to go stomp other players and won’t bat an eye.

They are all the same, this guy is just a clone of these kind of people.

THE IRONY OF YOU SAYING THIS. :rofl:

5 Likes