Strange changes. DEVs please respect us by answering our concerns

No I was belittling you completely. What a waste of time, making yourself upset about this.

Being annoyed is a feeling i experience and it doesn’t take up any of my time, the post took me 5 min to write.
Thank you for caring about my time.

It’s not nice to spend time to belittle people.

1 Like

One-time availability (gift or event) makes for seriously braindead market manipulation: buy low and sit on product for a couple of years, and stuff automagically gets expensive because people want it and it’s out of print. That’s especially true of things which actually get used and lost, like geckos or the Victorieux Luxury Yacht. Or Pax Amarria, which people seem to really like carrying around in Amarr ships when they go looking for trouble.

In game, as in real life, you speculate at your own risk. The only thing we can be sure of is the game will change. We trust that CCP has the best interests of the game in mind when they make changes - after all their paychecks depend on getting it right.

People pay huge sums for T2 BPOs but CCP could decide they are bad for the game and remove them tomorrow. We’ve known that possibility existed for years - people who own them accept that risk. Going the other way, CCP decided that reissuing the limited edition Gnosis would be a good addition to the Alpha launch which probably cost speculators a lot of ISK. Likewise, they added some Geckos to the game during one of last years events and may do so again - it’s their choice. Our choice is adapt or die.

Don’t forget the Gold and Silver Mangates. They were issued for the first amarr succession trial. Everyone assumed no more, yet they were also rewarded for the most recent succession trial too.

Think of Mines… They use to be in game. When pulled, the BPOs were left behind. For a while they too were collector’s items. Not sure if they still are or have gone.

Neither Vortexo, nor you are correct.

Tell this to RL postal stamps and art object collectors.

The fact that you don’t seem to understand the difference between space pixels and actual real world valuable collector’s items demonstrates that you lack perspective.

There is no difference. You can try to refer to them having some real money price, but that just will show you know nothing of collectors’ passion and motivation. There are people who collect handkerchiefs and beer bottle’s caps, for example. Some may do it completely or partially for money, but real drive behind collecting activities is just that: collect unique items of your personal interest others don’t have, or at least very few people do have.

I agree with the OP, When they absolutely flooded the market by introducing tens of thousands of more Small Ancillary Armor Repairer BPC’s to drive the price down on purpose, they effectively played God and that’s not something the developers should do in this type of sandbox, and that includes altering old items such as skins to make them worth even less. Imagine God making the entire state of Alaska pure diamond and gold. It would make gold worthless and diamonds worthless. But some how they think it’s ok to do these things just because they own the game. News flash with out players you wouldn’t even have a home to go to when you get off work. Stop screwing your players. Stop manipulating the markets. You want something changed? Give a 30 day warning and introduce new items, do not manipulate old items, to directly effect what you think the market should look like. IT IS NOT CCP’s MARKET IT IS OURS, WE PAY IRL FOR PLEX, ISK = Real money, and they have no right regardless of if they own the company to steal our money.

Thats the only way to percieve one, yes

Diamonds are already worthless. They’re incredibly common and apparently not all that difficult to make. The only reason they’re expensive at all is because of advertising.

Also, CCP explicitly maintains the rights and ownership of all in-game items in the EULA. It is we who do not posses any rights.

1 Like

I beleive the real subject here is —> should the name and date tag of old items be changed when Ccp releases old content,
Most people seem to think its about having problems with simply re-releasing stuff.

1 Like

Welp. There goes my Eve Retirement Fund.

Now all we have to do is wait for them to reintroduce the guardian vexor and screw those people over, or maybe introduce 1,5,25,50 run copies of the gecko… yeah do it!

I think right about here is where you went neurotic.

Also, if cost doesn’t matter, don’t bring it up. This just comes off as really disingenuous.

Ofc people understand the difference between the two. The reality is that in the CONTEXT of a hobby, THE GAME, people put value on things just as they do in rl.

The thought-processes is the same when putting value on pixels or on items you can hold in your hands.

What i don’t understand is why you are so amendment in telling people that putting value on pixels it is wrong or bad (negative).

My argument in this post is not regarding ships or BP, but cosmetics. The stuff that don’t effect the game play (except the market).

All i asked for was to be informed, that’s it. And in the last release of the Blaze skins they did just that.

Hopefully CCP will rethink their view of cosmetic and create a market for exclusive collector items.

You really cannot use the Blaze skins as a example. They were created for a very specific (and sad) reason and you really shouldn’t take this as a guideline.

2 Likes

It’s not wrong or bad, just silly and frivolous.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.