Strange changes. DEVs please respect us by answering our concerns

Perhaps people do understand but don’t think it’s a problem, hmm?
It’s not a problem.

1 Like

And there are people who believe Eve should become a WoW-in-space, and there is no problem with such change. So, it’s okay, I guess. Or should we first wait for your approval? Seems like you’re the one who calls the shots at everything that matters :wink:

1 Like

Just because a skin has a date does not make it limited. Ccp could release a 2017 skin in 2018 all they want.
The error is in assuming the date made it limited in the first place.

1 Like

Yes. Remember that.

Like you with your collectible items and market controls

OP really has no worries in Life, it seems.

1 Like

This is just about the least important thing in the entire world to get upset about. Remember people, ask yourself every single day “Am I just looking for things to bitch about?”

3 Likes

Ive got some random rares I would be happy to sell.

Vortexo is correct, you need perspective in your life

2 Likes

If you think skins are a good investment, you are gonna have a bad time.
You will never know when CCP will seed skins, that are either rare or very expenssive atm.

So if you have made a ton of investment in skins, hoping to make alot of isk on it, chances are thats not gonna happen.
Find a better investment dude, you made a bad one to begin with.

2 Likes

Such things are the risk of market PvP

1 Like

If you obverse the skins that have date on them you will see that some have same event name but different date. These skins differ from each other.

The date was put there to inform the players when that skin was released for which event.

My guess is that from the beginning the chose to include the event name and date so that the skins would be exclusive to the event.

For example the last Crimson harvest had a non event name and non dated skins released.

Now that we get events, which is awesome btw, and many more event are to be released the dating on new event skins will pile up, thus it is reasonable to scrap the date on skins.
But, if you read my post again you will see that my problem is not with releasing skins without dates ore even re using skins, my problem is with the few past dated skins that has been changed.

They could have left these few event named and dated skins to remain as they were and in the future release event skins as they feel is good for the game.

Thankfully that is the case, i am reasonably healthy and live a happy life.

In the context of my hobby (eve) this is an annoying change, especially if the hobby includes buying skins with gaming and rl currency for collection.(collecting expensive items that are rare in the game)

I do support many skin released, the Rosada and Blaze skins are the two skins i supported, Rosada i dont expect them to be exclusive (hopefully there will be no need for the skin to be released gain) but fortunately (for an unfortunate reason. RIP CCP Blaze) they informed us that the Blaze skin will not be sold again. Which is EXACTLY what i was asking for by creating this port. To just inform us.

That you m8, you can send a in game mail to me and i will get back to you.

Yes you are correct, in the world this is not a problem at al.
In eve, as a hobby, that i pay for, it is a bit annoying problem.

Assuming your intention was not to belittle me.

This is the bit you went wrong. Because CCP never said anything about them being exclusive. You probably know the old saying about assumptions, you made one here on the market and it might end up biting you.
It also might not, they might not release more regardless, though it certainly seems that they might.
But the long & short is that unless CCP specifically says an item is a limited run it can always be released again in the future. Even if it has a date on it. (& even then pay attention to how they are limited, ala Gold/Silver Magnates being limited to Succession Tournament means if we get another tournament more can be released while still being limited)

That is also my guess. There will be a lot of events coming and skins with dates will pile up.
It is a god idea to not create more skins with dates for each event.

When were Crimson Harvest Skins rare? I guess most people speculating on skins have a nice stock of them. And when did CCP anounce that those woulldn’t drop again? Buy the Blaze skins. It’s for a good cause and those are exclusive skins. The prices of those can’t go anywhere but up IMHO. I invested in blue tiger skins when some of those got retired from the store. Made some nice ISK, up to one Billion per skin. Blue and Gold looks nice. Crimson Harvest makes some ships look like used tampons.

1 Like

Seriously?

You all realize you’re whining about the imaginary value of imaginary objects that you don’t, and never will, actually own.

Nothing you own in EvE is your’s. It all belongs to CCP. They can do whatever they wish with it.

/thread

2 Likes

CCP = Constantly Crumbling Promises

3 Likes