Strategic implications of Jita

Obligatory Note - technique refers to your personal ability to do something, juxtapose your skill levels which makes it easier to have no technique, like an Omega.

Is there a strategic preference for Jita? Does it have some better access to something specific which is why it got so big?

Or is it just one of those “we always done it this way” kind of things?

Bonus question: if its merely most central. Then wouldn’t shifting a hub toward a corner of empire benefit a region of Null?

Signature

Be Alpha

Yulai used to be the central trade hub because it had gates to the core space of all 4 empires hisec space. CCP didn’t like that it became an easy central market so they blew up the gates.

Jita evolved into the primary hub after that because back then your character’s race mattered. One of the Caldari schools gave you objectively better starting stats. A majority of people made Caldari characters because of this and Jita had some of the best mission agents. Thus it became a hub because people sold their mission wares there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/97oqzy/how_did_jita_become_the_primary_trading_hub_in/e49uphz/

1 Like

Thanks. What’s your opinion on how/if it affects access to hinterlands?

Yay or nay?

What do you mean by this?

If you’re asking how nullsec alliance cope, they do so by having dedicated courier and freight infrastructure set up. The area of space I live in is multiple regions away from Empire space and my alliance’s freight system is good enough that the distance really means nothing.

Yeah. Basically is how I mean. Since originally I thought Jita was more accessible anod thathat mattered. Instead it seems that is irrelevant.

It was not always the main hub, it happened after a configuration of the highway gate system around New Year 2004. Before that, Yulai was the main hub.
Jita has obviously very good gate connections to other parts of high sec space. At the time, the particular station had L4 agents and became the natural fixpoint.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.