Structure snatchers are the devil! Bad mechanic... Sad!

Wait you go suspect scooping structures?

1 Like

Happens in wormholes as well. Ended up snagging a Raitru and Ahaus after we found someone unanchoring their stuff, not even undocked/ cloaked on grid with the structures and with all wormholes not Verge of collapse/closed up. We ended up seeing the dude undock a hauler 2 minutes after the structures were scooped. Easiest 10 bill we made all month.

It happens, but that’s part of the sandbox.

Just gotta be quick on the ball I guess. -shrug-

1 Like

You do since the July patch. At least if you are not in the Corp that owns it.

Then even less of a reason not having a gang at the structure. If the thief can not scoop it then nothing happens and if he can at least he is popped and if the loot fairy says yes then the home team can still retain the structure.

OP’s alternative of no precautions on the premise he may lose the structure due to loot fairy if he pops the thief, thus not even trying to kill him is completely illogical, this way he ensured the thief can get away and make some free ISKies if he can scoop the thing, and also ensured if the thief can scoop the structure then he the owner has zero chance of at least killing the thief, practically making the thief win regardless.

In other words if the thief can scoop the structure it is already lost to the owner anyway but if there is a gang to kill him at least the thief will not benefit from it either, while not having a gang just ensured the thief will win and he himself lose no matter what.

:thinking:

7 Likes

Didn’t realize that. Good to know.

Oh dam. This just made things more interesting for declaring war on unanchoring structures

That’s not true.

You had several ways to stop this from happening:

1. Had you trusted your intel instead of trying to rush things, you could have easily stopped the unanchoring 10 minutes before it’s done and blueball him - repeatedly if necessary.

2. You could indeed have killed his Orca. Or, depending on how long you knew about him, you could have scanned his position when he logs in after downtime, decloak him and Machariel-bump him out of alignment before the timer finishes. Or even just decloak and gank him before that.

3. You could have given him less Intel to work with. He probably knew things are about to get juicy when he saw your Freighter undock. That or you told too many people when the unanchoring is going to be finished. Most likely someone you know is behind it all and you gave them enough Intel to steal your stuff.

As someone who snatched a bunch of Citadels without having any insider intel, I can tell you that his job needed great patience and proper execution, while you had every advantage and didn’t use it.

Now, you have three options. Come here and try to rationalize how it’s apparently not your fault. Two, take the lesson, realize what you could have done better and cut your losses. Three, like two, but find a way to take revenge in any way possible. It’s your choice and the choices you make, will determine if you continue to be the one who is robbed and beaten or not.

3 Likes

Lol
<3 from The Thieves Guild

We are always watching :smile:

4 Likes

Its not always sunshine and rainbows.

<3 from the Thieves Guild

4 Likes

Love you guys. If it ain’t bolted down you’ll nab it.

1 Like

Not gonna lie… that video was a little bit anti-climactic. Nothing went pop.

Watched it all the way to the end expecting you to get bumped, ganked, something.

2 Likes

Yeah I was definitely considering waiting till the last minute (freighter on grid and everything) then canceling it and making him wait another week but I wasn’t sure on being available the coming week.

Granted I had a leg up on having intel ahead of time about it, so I do take the blame about taking the risk. It still seems like a BS mechanic to me. Even a short timer (25m?) for the corp to reclaim the structure seems fair for diligent owners. Failing that, it could give you a corp bookmark on where it will spawn after unanchoring.

Honestly I fully expected to go pop with the two machs on grid but I ballsed up the bookmarking and the warp-in so much so they got a freighter there quicker than me! :frowning:

Dude you have a 7 day timer to the second. A thief has to find it, be there at the right time and land on grid before you.

All while being blind to when it actually drops unless they have inside Intel.

You lost it through being careless

2 Likes

This is Eve, it’s not Fair.

Topic moved to crime and punishment

2 Likes

If you can pry it loose it wasn’t bolted down → nab it.

Dat Maila keepstar ))

That RvB Fortizar…

Looks around all shifty

I honestly feel like we need to get Mercenary Coalition to weigh in on this one.