SubTopic - Filament Technology and FTL travel

Their onboard computer are well able to compensate the “noise” generated by the abyssal deadspace.
The could not be blinded, even is there is no gravitational waves around them, because their own existence generate one.

And our ship structure is capable to absorb the fairly stable forces inside the pockets, but when the ship is destroyed, the remaining pieces and more particularly the fragile parts that are usually salvaged.

1 Like

So your position is that the onboard computer of a Caldari ship can compensate for enough gravitational pressure to instantly crush armor plates… and that those plates are ‘the fragile parts’.

Mmmmmhm.

1 Like

well, in a way yes, because it’s not exactly “compensating” but more a matter of “filtering” the scanned level. it’s a simple line of interval in a program.

for the second part, I’m not saying that everything is crushed, and it may have a few other mechanisms at work, and I agree that an armor plate could probably survive the crush, if the nanopaste constituting it could remain whole. We still do not know exactly the effect of AD on our ships.

And the evidence is that caldari’s ship sensor do work correctly, the wrecks of our ships do not return in k-space and we use all the same tech to go into AD.

1 Like

Filtering out levels of gravitational interference that have never been properly measured before. And this software update was pushed with none of the Megas knowing about it? Or knowing why?

And for the record: we don’t know how Drifters, Rogue Drones, and Trig ships get there. We assume they use the same method, but there’s absolutely no reason to make that assumption other than ‘we don’t know of another way yet’.

Except we do. We know the Trigs have gates that make that connection in one direction. It’s not unreasonable to think they have gates that work in the other direction, too, and have used those to give their Rogue Drone allies access to these pockets, for example.

2 Likes

But there is no need of this “update”. Extreme gravitational forces can already be encountered in our space. So it’s probable that caldari scientist made this filtering update many years ago.
and indeed, we do not know yet how they come in AD space…
Except that we can already get filament from all those parties. why imagine that they use another way? I’m not excluding that it is the case, understand me well.
But once again, Occam’s razor make me think that the easiest solution is to use an already existing tech.

For the matter of gates inside AD, we know that they allow for travel from pocket to pockets.

but there is many things yet to answer:

1. if the 3rd gate make you return to the original point, what happen if you use a filament inside a pocket?
  2. how did we never encountered TC before, not even by hint if it’s impossible to stay more than 3 pockets in a row?
  3. how can one travel from one AD to another?
1 Like

We get filaments from data caches—which are not associated with Drifters or Swarms—and from Triglavian Bioadaptive Caches. Just because Drifters or Rogue Drones are nearby doesn’t mean they’re the ones putting anything into the Trig caches.

And again: we know the gates exist. We use them to get out, not just move within the pocket systems. We also know that:

1. There is a difference between the Transit gates and the Origin gates. They identify differently, and show different energy patterns when opened.
  2. You cannot use a filament within a pocket, for the same reason that you cannot use a filament less than 30 seconds after returning to normal space. ‘There are still space-time blah blah blah entangled with your warp core’. If a filament’s been used, you can’t use another until it burns itself out.
  3. Occam’s razor is not actually ‘the simplest solution is usually correct’, but rather ‘when presented with competing hypothetical answers to a problem, one should select the answer that makes the fewest assumptions.’ ‘We don’t have enough data to speculate yet’ is a perfectly acceptable response to a lot of situations.
1 Like

hum… maybe you should read the news more often then…

found a hoard of Abyssal Filaments in the depths of the hive!

1 & 2. the question was not about the difference between the gates, but the fact that the origin gate send us back where we used the filament, but what happen if you come from an another AD pockets (therefore my question about filament, even if OUR ships can’t handle the use of many filament at a time ?

1. yes, and once again, there is not much “assumption” in what I advance, only correlated facts. But I agree that “we don’t know yet” is a perfectly correct answer…
    It’s only that it lack a certain interest, and if we content ourself with it, we will never advance science ^^"
1 Like

I’m aware. But there’s no indication that those filaments originate there. This is another assumption. We know—from direct experience—that they are recovered in sites not affiliated with Swarms or Drifters. There is no reason to assume the Drones cannot be raiding these sites as well.

Then you’re using a completely different propulsion system, and we don’t know enough about that propulsion system to begin speculating. We know the Triglavian ships possess warp drives, but we have no reason to make the assumption that the gates they use to move between pockets aren’t already entangling their warp cores. After all, they’re called ‘Origin gates’. It stands to reason they need the Trig ships to be previously entangled to use them.

1 Like

but that’s the point ^^"

the question was “how Drones come into AD?”

and you said

So, yea, I suppose we don’t “know” but it IS safe to think that drones use filaments as well since they have them into the hives ^^" no?

for the second part, i have nothing to add, I agree with you, it was a purely hypothetical question ^^

1 Like

Given that we’ve observed them being allied with the Trig ships, no. It’s not safe to think that the drones are stuck using the same methods we use to go in and attack the Trigs. It’s possible, but such an assumption is decidedly not ‘safe’.

1 Like

Filaments are how we are getting there. And it’s innately unstable. Considering as they can safely exist in Abyssal space for longer than we can without their warp cores imploding I think it’s safe to say they have another way.

I believe the Filaments are forcing our way in to their gate system. They enter the password and open the door. We break the lock. Physics is the security guard that kicks us back out. Whatever Rogue Drones are using, I believe they are invited in and have a safer, different way of entering.

1 Like

As an aside, I’d like to add that n-th dimensional interactions with ‘conventional’ space isn’t just a matter for transient phenomena. The ‘inferno’ substance and apparently derivative Antipharmakon substances are theorized to have a ‘folded’ component, which is to say that they rely on engineered components that exist outside of what we’d consider normal space.

The exacts of how these things work is unknown, though it’s clear that they do work, and without frying clones offhand.

If I had to guess, I’d suspect the Sanctuary is the only organization in New Eden who has delved far enough into this to have more than working theories on the ‘black box’ side of things, seeing the quantity of Antipharmakon the Sisters stole, salvaged, or somehow manufactured in the course of their operations with Project Discovery.

4 Likes

My hypothesis: wizardry.

2 Likes

Haha … ah. It does seem like the amount of stuff we don’t understand much at all but deal with daily is growing fast. I mean, that’s nothing new; we’ve all been standing on the shoulders of the Ancients for ages.

But now we’re apparently in contact (albeit, mostly in the combat sense-- “CONTACT!”) with a proper civilization of surviving Ancients, and it looks like they haven’t stopped making toys. So, yeah. World’s gotten extra-full of stuff we don’t really “get.”

1 Like

I’d have thought these were positions. Now-time being solution deployment, reversal-time being a backpedal, advancing-time being preparation

This line: “profound reverse-time sense and grounded the metaxy”. Would be like using the Hrrmph emotion followed by hanging up the phone.

When measured against: “Upflow of metaxy to Perun Clade evoked acceptable grounding of material realization in advancing-time of tactical casting”

Metaxy might be their form of fluid router fluid.

1 Like

As irrelevant as this is, it is important to recognize that any spontaneous creation of a multitude of things takes time to homogenize. If 1 million things spawned into existence in the time it takes for any symptom of their existence to travel a distance equal to the minimum distance between any given object the surrounding environment would be a wave event with a fulcrum or center. This raises all kinds of flaws with any perceived alternate time as the spontaneous creation of a different distention of energy into representative samples renders the entire environment fundamentally inaccurate in it’s depiction of the preceeding spatial reference.

Similarly the contexts of past and present represent stages of reaction. I’d once read an article regarding black holes from the old era that stated that past-present-future states made a white hole (sic) inevitable. I’d argue that the dilation of space time would satisfy the Schwarzschild metric (maximum hanging load of space-time… paraphrasing) in locations adjacent to the event horizon of the black hole. In turn rupturing the enclosure, long before the capacity to sustain a white hole was attained.

Sorry for the off-topic moment there

1 Like

First, You have to understand that gravity has three dimensions.

1. Gravity created by suns, planets and other celestial bodies with mass.
  2. Quantum gravity created by Quantum interactions.
  3. Event Horizon Gravity. Gravity that exists inside of a black hole that does not allow even the light of the collapsed star to escape.

Solar Gravity would not have existed prior to the Big Bang as suns would not have been present to create such gravity. Solar gravity is much like a lake on a windy day that creates waves for 2 to 3 feet in height.

Quantum gravity is thought to have exist prior to the Big Bang as a result of an unknown interaction between space and time. Quantum Gravity is much like a lake on a calm day without hardly any waves at all. More like smooth glass but with some slight valleys.

Black Hole comes from within the black hole itself and since no one has every ventured into a black hole no one can be for certain the extent of the actual gravitational influences. Black Hole Gravity is much like encounter waves on the ocean that are 1,000 feet high.

When a ship travels faster and faster it encounters Solar Gravitational waves first. A ship traveling at the speed of light would encounter millions of waves in a single moment even though the waves have 500,000 km in between the crest of each wave. The force exerted against the ship becomes to much for the engines to continue as there is not enough force propelling the ship forward to overcome all of the mass that it is encountering.

The ship drops back into normal propulsion mode and travels the wavelength down into the trough and then up the sides of each crest without any difficulty.

Solar Gravity is by far the largest amount of mass producing gravity in the Universe because Solar Gravity travels at the speed of light.

But if you were to reduce the amount of mass placed on the ship when it accelerates then you might be able to access Quantum Gravity for a much smoother ride. Reducing mass on a ship would be achieved by generating a field around the ship that strips the particles from atoms that create mass.

Basically you create a space that is void of atoms with mass that create the mass of space time itself.

Once in Quantum Gravity space your ship encounters gravity overall because the connection interactions between Solar Gravity and Quantum Gravity where energy is transferred from the Quanta to the atom is not a prevalent.

Your ship would be able to travel faster than the speed of light while not tearing you or your ship apart because the interactions between the Quanta, yourself and the materials of your ship would remain intact. The reason being is the mass reduction field itself is emitted away from the hull of the ship and is not directed towards the ship or you.

Think of a marble inside of a balloon that is being pulled through water. The marble could move around inside of the balloon at a faster rate occupying more space because there isn’t water placing a weight on the marble compared to the amount of weight placed on the marble if it was traveling through the water.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.