[Suggestion] dedicated "Salvage" missions

i’m just spitballing here. there are dedicated missions, sites and events for combat and mining, so i thought maybe dedicated “Salvage” missions, sites and/or events might make for some new and interesting content.
salvaging old wrecks, ancient ruins or rust-ridden stations for exciting new and/or better than standard salvage. maybe the introduction of T2 Salvage Drones or even nerfing the Noctis to make her more viable in a combat or all round hostile environment.

what do you guys think?

Just do blockade missions if you want salvage.

1 Like

Just watch TV if you’re unwilling to actually read.

1 Like

This is exploration…

3 Likes

They won’t implement T2 salvage drones because they would make T2 salvager modules obsolete. This idea has been brought up many, many times.

No. You can fit salvagers on a combat ship.

:red_circle: That could be interesting as a special mission agent around Incursions or Invasions. If an Incursion appears in high sec, the agents could show up in surrounding systems and give missions to wreck field of finished incursion sites. The salvaged materials would be tracked and the player has to deliver something like 70% of the materials to the agent and can keep the rest in addition to some rewards.

2 Likes

Before you can salvage a wreck, a player needs to create that wreck. We don’t want CCP creating wrecks - that would disrupt the salvage market.

A lot of people blitz their missions for bounties and don’t bother with the loot/salvage so there are opportunities for organizations like https://sites.google.com/site/prosynergypublic/home that offer salvaging as a service.

Giving a specialized ship like the Noctis the ability to scan for wrecks would be OK in my opinion as long as those wrecks were originally created by players!

3 Likes

This is exploration…

no, it’s not. the hell are you talking about?

They won’t implement T2 salvage drones because they would make T2 salvager modules obsolete. This idea has been brought up many, many times.

oh, so you are speaking for CCP now? and who says the drones would make the modules obsolete? there is T2 mining lasers and there is T2 mining drones, is there not?

No. You can fit salvagers on a combat ship.

your point being? you can fit mining lasers to combat ships too, still didn’t stop CCP to make more tanky mining barges and exhumers. right now the Noctis is somewhat obsolete exactly because you can fit combat ships for salvage, like for example the Gnosis. so the question is why would you field a Noctis when there is MTUs and salvage Gnosii?

Just because there isn’t an official mission for salvaging doesn’t mean that every opportunity you are asking for doesn’t already exist in the game. […]

your argument can be applied to combat and mining in exactly the same way, yet there is special missions, sites and events for both of them.

Before you can salvage a wreck, a player needs to create that wreck. We don’t want CCP creating wrecks - that would disrupt the salvage market. […]

the same can be said about mining. CCP is artifically creating sites and and events that surely impacted the market when they were first introduced. the market will adjust and so will players.

seems to me you are mostly just a bunch of naysayers who can’t even be arsed to think their own argument through. i have no problem with this idea being rejected, after all this is merely an ideas forum. but you’re saying no for the sake of saying no without giving it any actual thought.

/* Queues music … Your mission, should you choose to accept it …

Bookmark conduits, combat sites, event sites, or combat scan mission runners and MTUs. Choose your salvage ship de jour. Go salvage, make stuff, sell/profit.

2 Likes

Data and relic sites are searching for ancient wrecks and rust ridden stations and getting better than average salvage.

It’s pretty much what you describe.

2 Likes

I think missions in general should be left behind in favor of more engaging and emergent content, but if you want to do that type of content, that’s exactly what relic site exploration is, especially in wormhole.
There’s also ninja salvaging, although I’m not sure if that’s really all that profitable.

(also, not every comment is an argument or intentionally hostile… chill lol)

1 Like

Profitable? Maybe a better question is how much fun is it? A successful heist is very satisfying.

Apparently something you are unaware of.

Play the game before you suggest changes.

EDIT: Also, you want to fix salvaging, then you should know the Devs screwed it up. There used to be a player profession for looting and salvaging, but then the same old care bear ezmode set in and they added MTU.

Players have been asking CCP for T2 salvage drones for years. YEARS. Not gonna happen, simple as that…

And ninja looting.

Data and relic sites are searching for ancient wrecks and rust ridden stations and getting better than average salvage.
It’s pretty much what you describe.

no, it’s not. i’m talking about dedicated salvage missions, sites and events. not going out hunting for relic sites. if you can’t get your head around that just pipe down.

Apparently something you are unaware of.
Play the game before you suggest changes.

get your head out of your arse before you act all superior. i’m well aware of the fact that you can get certain types of salvage from exploration. but that has nothing to do with what i’m suggeting - new content that might be interesting to some people. what you are doing is making up your own idea about what i’m suggesting and then give some moronic reason why it’s bad. shut up, i don’t care about how little you like salvaging. if all you do is try shitting on other peoples ideas then there is really no place for you in this part of the forum.

Players have been asking CCP for T2 salvage drones for years. YEARS. Not gonna happen, simple as that…

thank you for your insight, oh might oracle. still doesn’t mean i can’t suggest it, does it?

there is combat and mining that you can do in lots of ways and yet there is extra missions and sites and events for both. the arguement that there is already ways “to get salvage” (which btw is clearly not what this suggestion is about) and therefor this is a bad idea is the dumbest reason you could possibly come up with.
come up with constructive criticism of just shut it. no one cares whether you like my idea or not.

Two “wrongs” don’t create a “right”. CCP is in the process of correcting the mess they created with infinite minerals and will eventually need to tackle infinite bounties. Please don’t add salvage to that list!

The event sites atm (Guardian’s Gala) are great for salvaging and ninja salvaging. They go away one week from today (next Monday), so… hurry!

The anom is up when the site is active, the beacon goes up when someone first warps to the anom… and once the anom is down, the rats are gone. But the beacon stays up for minutes afterwards.

I think it’ll stay up indefinitely as long as someone is on grid and uncloaked, be that the person or persons who cleared the site OR a salvager who warps in after the rats are dead. But the beacon does stay up at least a few minutes even after EVERYONE warps off.

I’ve been running the sites myself but also noticing dirty sites and bookmarking them and then coming back through and salvaging. I’d estimate 80% to 90% of the people running the sites aren’t salvaging. the BS and cruiser sized wrecks give decent orange salvage. I haven’t seen any blue salvage (I wish the Emcee (boss Vindi in HS/k-space, boss Mach in WH/j-space) wreck had a chance to salvage for t2/blue salvage just like pirate faction wrecks).

I’ve done a few Gala sites just when I’ve come across them for whatever reason, about 5 mill per site. Conduits are about 1.5-2 mill per site but more of a pain cos of the salvage volume. But all good, free isk lying about …