Suggestion: War Declaration rework

You can already achieve near 100% safety in highsec. Why do you need more?

3 Likes

What, abuse?

I’m not a Warrior nor a Ganker,
HS is TO safe.
There are so many systems with near 100% safety…
No! Ganking or Wardecs are not the problem; Laziness and ignorance are the real problem.

You want EVE to be like WoW…
…Play WoW.
Simple as that.

1 Like

Don’t know when i said or sugested that but whatever. :roll_eyes:

Agressor didn’t witdraw simply docked and start to harsh when your defens fleet goes down, you defended nothing.
Corps limit “normal operations” for the times of war.
Opinion on killboard stats is subjective.

The “goal as the aggressor” in high sec wars in majority of cases is to get easy cheap(in effort) kills.
You know what brainstorming is. The structure is only an idea to force a major engagement in situations when the defender can form and defend/fight but the attacker denais that fight, and if he dosnt then war can end.

For you as a player, It is that simple.

For us experienced designers, It’s far from that. You basically want to run around doing anything and everything you can think of. You dont care if it ruins someone else’s gaming experience, We (designers) do.

There is more at stake here then you fueling our epeen to feel superior because you have an inferiority complex in real life, and we designers we understand these important points.

The truth is, That you can at current avert any war declaration. All you need to do is drop corp and make another. Instant option. Now, as a designer I am against the use of mechanics like this. It’s abusive to the concepts of war, so i’d advocate for changes to prevent this.

This all being said, The majority of players are not pvpers if you take your position about how pvp should be given (Ie, if it is conditional or not). Eve in general provides unconditional pvp (which as a player i love), but the truth is that less then an eighth of the population (according to most mmo metrics) support such systems.

This basically means that You and people with positions like “its a pvp game, go play wow if you dont like it” are really the major minority. By the way, Wow has millions upon millions of players active daily. Does Eve? What does this teach you and your arrogant, abusive personality?

In the end, Eve’s needs mechanical changes to better the population. I could gaurentee population increases in eve in large numbers if i had creative design rights on the game, and this is because i do not hold my positions as a player over what is better to the health of a game (like eve). Which is definitely and utterly ignoring people like you who have personal issues that they need to get on a game like eve to abuse others to feel good about themselves (Btw, that is actual metric data when i make this statement. You and people like you are a statistic. One some companies exploit.

Let me put this in another way

To change the situation of a people you need three things

1. the knowledge to diagnose the problem
  2. the knowledge to know how to fix the problem
  3. the power to implement the fix(change)

While i cannot implement this change, I can implement another which would utterly screw over your high sec games. It’s called flying through high sec and spamming to people how to avoid war decs from you griefers. Its mechanics in the game right now that anyone can do. Drop corp and recreate. Eventually people like you will get tired and leave a group alone if they cycle it enough. You can always hold onto a corp name etc you want with an alt, and since it takes <= 30 minutes to train corp 1, it would be hard for people to implement this.

This change is more to prevent people like you from sitting around and making high sec abusive, because we dont have to make high sec safer, we have to make it less attractive for you.

So hopefully you understand this. This change is ment to fix these problems. When people leave corps and create another they make another problem in the game. Corp name/ticker spam. So you abusing them abuses everyone. The entire situation is a mess that needs to be cleaned up.

Its not about making high sec safer, its about mechanical fixing problems in the game.

And the end result is it makes high security space safer. You aren’t a good designer are you…

2 Likes

HS Abusive…pffff
It is easy to avoid your so called griefers…

[quote=“Amanari_Talar, post:24, topic:52205”]
This change is more to prevent people like you from sitting around and making high sec abusive
[/quote] …a big joke.

You go fix absolutly nothing! Zero! Rien! Nada
and YOU will be a designer…buahahahahaha::rofl:

You call me a “griefer”!

I never wardeced any corp. I never did kill a Player.
My only activities are Hauling, Production, and trading my stuff.

HS is largely SAFE enough.

1 Like

Don’t mind me. Just highlighting the gem in the rough.

1 Like

Best comedy in the whole thread. You claim to be an “experienced designer”, but you utterly fail to understand basic design concepts of EVE and why they have resulted in its success. And all we’re left with is your pathetic bleating about “griefers” and how highsec PvE farming needs to be even safer than it already is.

2 Likes

I disagree with you. Feel free to flag me. That kind of thin skin probably means you’re playing the wrong game.

The real problem with “the abuse of inexperienced players” is the inexperience part. I’m not in the particular mood to write out a primer on what makes a game worth playing, but being a new corp and getting wardecced is part of what makes EVE worth playing. It’s not a particularly good system, and yes, CCP’s failures in this part of the game is hurting the game, but of the infinite number of variables to adjust, you’ve just so happened to pick the absolute worst.

1 Like

This position is absolutely fine with people that know how to pvp and done mind it, sadly by industry metric data that exceeds no more then 15% of a games population. The rest of the mass population do not like this and will quit a game for it.

The variables are not infinite. You need to just remove this abusive game play from high sec. People will play the game longer. if we dont want them in high sec, that is an issue of fixing economic gain rates, not by forcing them out of the game completely.

1 Like

Good. EVE does not need or want those players.

2 Likes

You don’t see how obviously retarded that assertion is? It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard about video games. PVP-only games absolutely dominate the market. They always have, ever since freakin’ Pong. You don’t release a triple-A title without a PVP option, and if you don’t, the players will go out and modify the engine itself to make it PVP.

Now, please, say something less dumb.

1 Like

Since you are ignorant of game development, I’ll teach you a little.

Mmo Metric data that is done almost yearly by multiple sources stipulate
83% of a game is softcore (plays less then 10 hours a week)
17% of a game is hardcore (plays more then 10 hours a week)

0.3% Support Hard Item Loss

46% of a games population (+/-3% for metric variance) Will engage in pvp on condition situations (Like Match based pvp that has no permanent loss out side of currency, Ie Things like wow’s pvp matches)
13% are fully dedicated to pvp
41% Of players will never engage in pvp, and have an aversion to it (no interest to hatred).
This means, that in the best situation about 59% of a game will do some form of pvp, but the mass majority of the game (87% will only engage in conditional, instance based pvp and will only do a mix of pvp and pve).

This means that the game is broken into two groups which is at best something like
64% Of the game will engage in only pve with very little pvp
36% of the game will do pvp on a regular bases but may also do some pvp.

Lastly, Are you listening to yourself? PvP Only? Does eve Only have pvp? The very statement shows that no game out there is Only PVP.

PVP Only does not exist in eve.

** Your argument is utterly insane.
Other wise we would not have mining, trading, production, exploration, etc

Can you please stop pretending like this game does mostly pvp?
Read the chart

Since you are ignorant of game development, I’ll teach you a little.

Since you’re ignorant of game development I’ll teach you a little. Your statistics about MMO games in general are not relevant here because EVE is a PvP game. EVE’s PvP focus and careful targeting of a particular niche has allowed it to survive while an endless parade of PvE-focused WoW clones have launched and died. The players who have an aversion to PvP do not belong in EVE. EVE can not succeed by catering to them, it can only sacrifice the things that have kept it alive for so long.

Read the chart

And read my response to the chart. Even under the most anti-PvP assumptions possible the PvP population is roughly equal to the mission and mining populations, not the small minority that you claim. And when you account for things like alts, players sitting idle in station between PvP engagements, etc, the numbers are likely even more in favor of PvP.

Not to mention that most of the activities in Eve are PVP, you go against other players when you mine, run sites,use the market or contracts, etc.

2 Likes

Metric Data does not lie. CCP has posted data on a monthly bases proving the majority of people do not pvp. Just because its “unconditional pvp” does not mean “Everyone” or “the majority” do pvp. If you want a “Pvp game” go play “Call of duty”.

But like i said, you dont read what i reply to you, so carrying a conversation beyond this point is like talking to a wall, and im not interested in talking to walls (or you with your repetitive propaganda).

The devs can read my idea and decide from there, random nobodies like you really dont mean much to me, especially when they dont have the intelligence to read text, look at server metrics, and so forth. maybe you should look into hello kitty island adventures, if you can handle collecting rocks and picking flowers.

CCP has posted data on a monthly bases proving the majority of people do not pvp.

Sigh. See previous posts I’ve made for why that data doesn’t say what you think it does. Alts, timing, etc. Your claim that PvP is a small minority does not match reality.

PS: even if a lot of PvE parasites temporarily attach themselves to EVE that doesn’t justify destroying EVE’s core identity to pander to them. PvE-only players have zero value and should not get any more than they already have. If they are driven out by the potential of PvP then EVE is a better place.

random nobodies like you really dont mean much to me, especially when they dont have the intelligence to read text, look at server metrics, and so forth.

If only you took half the talent you spent on narcissistic self-promotion and condescension and spent it on reading explanations of how to interpret the numbers you posted…

1 Like

Are you to stupid to know that ccp can track who is alts and not? Are you really that stupid?
Wow you are dense.

Parasites? arnt you the one griefing them? you are the parasite. They are the normality.

Are you to stupid to know that ccp can track who is alts and not? Are you really that stupid?
Wow you are dense.

The capability to track alts is not the same thing as actually doing it. The stats given are for characters, with no indication given that they have attempted to exclude alt characters from the statistics or count PvE activity by alts of PvP players in the “PvP” percentage.

Parasites? arnt you the one griefing them? you are the parasite. They are the normality.

Yes, parasites. A pure PvE character contributes absolutely nothing to the game besides their $15/month, and in the age of alpha accounts they may not even contribute that much. They avoid interaction with other players whenever possible, and sit off in their own corner of the game farming the same meaningless PvE content over and over and over again. If you replaced every single one of these players with an AI ship flying back and forth between gates to give the illusion of traffic I sincerely doubt that anyone would notice their absence.

And no, I’m not griefing them. Aside from the sheer idiocy of calling highsec PvP “griefing” in the first place, I don’t PvP in highsec. But I’m certainly not going to shed any tears over the possibility of people who signed up for a PvP game having to face the fact that yes, they are in fact playing a PvP game.

2 Likes

Survey data is NOT metric data. Survey data lies 100% of the time. Your numbers are complete ■■■■■■■■. You have no understanding of EVE or video games in general (or analog games and why people play games at all.) I don’t care if you think you are a game designer. Lots of game designers are bad at their jobs. MOST GAMES FAIL. Your ideas are bad, Internet Tough Guy.

1 Like