Suggestion: War Declaration rework

News Flash. They can track who are alts, and who are not. In fact, they post this data MONTHLY. at this point its clear you are not capable of intelligence conversation. Im done with you.

You mean he is unable to discuss topics related to intelligence? :thinking:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nowhere in the monthly economic report does it say that CCP has taken out alts. All the numbers are listed as ā€œcharactersā€.

There is a specific demographic that shows monthly alt rates.
70% of players play on one account, for example, 20% on 2, and the remaining over 3-10 alts, with 10 being the lowest.

At any rate, the metric data is tracked

here is an example picture (Above)

Oh FFS youā€™re stubbornly ignorant. Nobody is disputing the fact that CCP can track the use of alts. But there is a difference between ā€œCCP can track the use of altsā€ and ā€œCCP has modified the data for this particular graph to exclude the effect of altsā€, and you havenā€™t provided any evidence for the second. But feel free to keep trying to substitute insults for evidence.

Soā€¦ can this thread close now? I donā€™t think itā€™s been about the topic for like 40 out of 47 posts. Nobodyā€™s convinced anybody of anything. The OP attempts to solve a problem without any evidence of a problem actually existing. Thread appears to be a waste.

1 Like

The thread is fine, its clear that you guys dont want changes like this in place, unfortunately i already pinned the devs with the post long ago. So the idea is already put into their head for investigation (if they in fact did read it).

You guys in high sec have gone unchecked for to long. Its time eve changed to get people (and from them income)

I have several accounts, none of which are PvPā€™ing very much right now. Does that mean iā€™m a carebear? well no. The wardec nerfs and crime watch could be the worst thing to happen to the game. And hi-sec does not need to be safer, jesus! The statistics arenā€™t telling you the real story.

Wardecs, need a rework, like being able to actually hunt players effectively. Then maybe more players would PvP, which we know is the best retainer of any game.

1 Like

The devs will have similar responses to the ones you can see in this thread.

1 Like

Donā€™t act like you know me. You donā€™t. Although I think I know you pretty wellā€¦ Internet Tough Guy (the kind of guy who touts unprovable credentials to make himself look like a badass), thin skinned, dogmatic.

Now my credentials. Mostly a highsec dweller, Iā€™ve never decced anyone, only tried a suicide gank once and failed. Been on the receiving ends of many wardecs and sent them running every single time, including getting a CEO to drop corp. So, no, Iā€™m not particularly aggressive, but neither am I a little ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Shoot, Iā€™ve mostly already forgotten what your specific proposals were. The entire thread was mostly trying to hide a rant behind mediocre ideas and terrible justifications.

So no. Your ideas are bad because they are coming from a bad place. Wardecs could use work to be more fun, but not to become more rare.

1 Like

Do you know what i find interesting?

How alts are here arguing that they only do high sec pve. How about we get the opinions of pve only pilots, especially the ones who dont have the ability to ā€œsend the enemy running every timeā€. How well will your argumentation stand up then?

Here is the point to this post.

Everyone in eve has to earn what they get. High sec pvpers who are working in entities like pirat etc, are earning at higher rates then the rest of eve. When ever part of the eve economy goā€™s out of wack, ccp nerfs it to keep it in line. When its to weak, they buff it.

Changing the war dec system to help encourage a new type of corp (anti-griefer/pirates) to come back into existence is not bad for eve. In fact, it turns the negativity of high sec pvp into a positive realm. This means that in essence, you can benefit the game while being a merc corp. It has the potential to revolutionize pvp and merc corps.

In addition to to the stated above about income rates, Providing a higher tax rate on war decs helps encourage people to invest in these other options since the change of mechanics will not negatively effect merc corporations (because they are not aggressors under the new tax system). lastly, because the war dec applies a higher rate rate upon each war dec it balances out the income rates of high sec griefing.

Your idea doesnt do that. It just discourages people to dec. which in turn makes it harder to be an ally. Cant be an ally as often if there are less wars.

All your ideas are about preventing interactions from happeningā€¦This is not a good thing.

Horse pucky. My first wardec was as a rookie. It sent our CEO running. I decided it was bull. I sent out a corp mail trying to get ideas of assets. I was a nobody, not CEO, not a director, I donā€™t think I had a single corp role. But there was no incentive to being a wimp. The biggest ship our corp could muster was a single cruiser. I scheduled a time for all those who were willing to go on a hunt. That was all it tookā€¦ the spy alt the aggressors had in the corp reported back and they canceled the dec before we could even fleet up. Theyā€™d have smoked us if we followed through, and that would have been okay.

Highsec wars are by far the most fun thing Iā€™ve ever done in EVE. They should absolutely NOT be discouraged. In fact, it would be better if more wars happened more often and resulted in more fights and kills. Thatā€™s a good thing. If youā€™re not having fun with it, try not sucking. Donā€™t try bringing the rest of the game down to your level.

1 Like

I am a previous co-executor and executor of well established alliances. I have lived in null for almost all my history (since 2003). I dont have issues with pvp, its ALL i do. I do not do ANYTHING else.

I am not worried about players like me and you. I am worried about the game, and especially the new members in it like the above example where people cannot handle it. You an sit here until your face is blue trying to sway me to think your position is right, but you will absolutely fail at it. I will keep posting ideaā€™s until ccp accepts one and nerfs the crap out of high sec war decs, or the point is proven to them that abuse of the new players is not a good thing, cry all you want, it wont change my position on this, because you are a drop in the pond. and its clear you are alts of pirat etc. hiding behind starter corp tags dont change that,

btw, as we sit here debating this, my entire alliance loves the ideaā€™s in these posts. So this is an example to me that you guys are just trolling not to get a bat nerf. but what you think and what i think does not matter, its what ccp decides to do with their game. Luckly i have an advantage with that knowing what encourages them to make choices as a company, and as designers, a massive disadvantage to you.

Soā€¦ I checked your zkillboardā€¦ this toon is an alt right?

Are you talking about yourself?

btw, Iā€™m not trolling, just calling ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Ok, so they canā€™t handle it and quit. Great. Best of luck in their new PvE-focused game. The thing you need to understand is that EVE is not, and can not be, a game for everyone. Many players will not last long in EVE, for various reasons. Sacrificing the unique qualities, including things like highsec wars, that have allowed EVE to survive in a market where its competition has failed and died would be an incredibly short-sighted decision. Accept the fact that you canā€™t please everyone with a single game and trying to do so is suicide.

3 Likes

This is clearly not true. And someone who is in null shouldnā€™t be trying this hard to change space they donā€™t live in or understand.