Suggestions for returning player

I know this is very cliche but I genuinely would like some suggestions or ideas to help me reintegrate to the game.

Brief history:
I started playing in 2004.
I’ve mined in hi-sec (highlight of my eve career), lived in low-sec, null-sec and wormholes.
I was an avid industrialist. I have about 60b in liquid isk. Around 200b in assets ( a titan I can’t access due to current location).

I was considering solo WH life.
I haven’t played since the new structures have been implemented. I would like to know if they could provide opportunities, somehow.
I have lots of POS’s but not sure if they’re still a thing.

I also have lots of accounts and chars. So can do pretty much anything, just need someone to point me in the right direction till I get my footing.

Thanks guys and gals!

3 Likes

Hello there, my new best friend! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol.

It was more a way to say I am financially independent, not, here come have all my isk! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I guess I might be able to help you, without actually answering your question and instead guiding you to something you want to do.

First problem is, of course, that you have a huge amount of assets and liquid ISK. I don’t want to take that away from you, but I want you to understand that many people actually struggle with the game once they’re wealthy enough. When everything can be done, everything turns kind of uninteresting and amassing more wealth for the sake of amassing wealth isn’t actually a fun long-time activity.

So, my first question I ask you to answer me, and yourself, is:

Did you have more fun/enjoyment/satisfaction in the early times of your game …
… or did you have more fun/enjoyment/satisfaction later in the game, when you reached “wealthy status” ?

2 Likes

You’ve hit the nail on the head.

I am having fun consolidating and selling assets that are scattered all over the place.

It’s getting me back into flying around.

I would like more of a challenge without being tied to the game. If I can help others, that’s more of who I am.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. You already have sixty billion ISK liquid,
what more do you need?

If you want to play on that level, with that money,
then maybe you should start considering thinking grander.

Away from your former peasantry, towards using that money to cause chaos?

Set up Thera as a boba fide market/manufacturing hub.

Not sure how much 60b isk is now. Or what I can do with it.

I want to be able to do something rewarding but not a massive time sink. Been there, done that.

2 Likes

Everything in Eve is a huge time sink.

Ah well.

Giving away lots of isk and ships then :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound to me like it’s worth playing EVE ONLINE for you.

I asked first! :smiley:

He should give it to James 315.

Anyhow, you have tons of money.

What you’re lacking is imagination. Think more like a leader of a nation,
than a peasant with no understanding of power.

What would Hitler do?

Try it!

Go away! :stuck_out_tongue:

Invade Delve.

2 Likes

I suggest using 2 bil each event and sponsoring a bunch of competitions.
Low sec frig brawl. new eden fiction writing competition. finding a titan pilot prepared to start a super cap brawl in amamake. etc.
Ok, the last one probably requires at least 100 bil but hey.

Honestly,
Its not all that much. Sure depending upon your play style you might never have to crab again (fw comes to mind)- but these days if you are like many folk and have multiple toons with capital dread, haw dread, suicide dread, multiple flavors of carriers, a super for ratting and another for pvp, faxes, maybe a titan, oh and blops, and cyno toons with recons, then you need a lot of isk.
OP needs to just find a reasonable alliance that can show him the ropes. Plenty of folk around that would be happy to do it. It all just depends on what you like to do, pirate? block warfare? industry? etc. . .

Join a WH group. Start a corp. Get good at solo PvP. Do invasions (get Triglavian Dreadnaught BPC’s and build those). Become a streamer, and try everything that Eve has to offer. Be the first guy to max out the character tracker stuff (afaik, no one has done that yet). Check the big career chart.

3 Likes

Excellent chart. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Contract Scamming is a good place to start.

I have too much of a conscience to scam.

2 Likes