Sunglasses

Could you please repeat that in English?

1 Like

Oh Hell, I thought I muted those I didn’t care to read but I forgot to Mute YOU. Sorry for this momentary lapse… Farewell, see you in 6 months =)

1 Like

@Archer_en_Tilavine Awww man, now I have to actually log in on this character. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Replied.

@Yonna_Leczarovitz You might get better mileage out of reading people and just not responding if you dislike what they have said or disagree with them. You never know when an ignored post may contain useful information, even if the opinions of the poster/their manner in posting are not agreeable to you. While there are in fact some serious trolls in this forum, the majority of regularly posting players genuinely have information to offer each other - not always politely phrased, and not always the answers those asking questions want to hear, but useful data all the same.

You are of course free to ignore them, but you will miss significant content when reading other topics as a result.

1 Like

I already considered that and I decided that whatever info they may provide in the future, if any, is not worth a rise in my blood pressure. I’m not a dog, I’m a person and I don’t appreciate being talked down to when I didn’t do anything to deserve it. I won’t stand for that, not at my age.
If someone doesn’t even have the decency and courtesy to address me as a human being then whatever they have to say doesn’t interest me in the least. I can do without them.
They won’t "be missed " as certain individuals love to point out in these forum.

1 Like

Fair enough. I hope the ignore functions gives you the outcome you desire, then.

2 Likes

It already makes me feel better knowing that I won’t open a page and stumble onto some veiled insult and unwarranted putdowns. I felt my blood pressure drop as soon as I found out I could mute anyone who addresses me in a manner I don’t deserve.
I’ll keep muting and muting until the page only shows me people who are capable to make a point without feeling the need to crap all over their counterparts, even if I’m left with two or three people.

If the website cannot deliver on its promise of civil discourse, which it obviously cannot, then I’ll do the job myself.

1 Like

Do keep in mind that you have as much of an obligation to adhere to CCP’s forum policies as others do, regardless of whether you believe they are following said rules. You are free to report posts you feel violate the policies, but that does not excuse your own actions if you choose to respond in-kind anywhere. I have always found this part of the FAQ most challenging to posters (emphasis mine):

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Fighting human nature is a daily struggle; I wish everyone luck on succeeding (assuming they try in the first place, anyhow).

3 Likes

I agree and I have made the mistake of responding in kind recently and I feel like crap about it because I’m not a disrespectful person, I was raised better than that, so that’s why I prefer to mute someone than have a knee-jerk reaction and act in a manner that I don’t approve for myself.

The forum regulars you have antagonized would accept an apology. There’s no need to mute anyone.

2 Likes

Ha !! You have some nerves !

Bye, see you in 6 months.

1 Like

:rofl:

3 Likes

you keep muting everyone, there’s not gonna be any content for you to read. so then no reason to visit the forums. Sure there are a lot of aggravating people and such, but I don’t mute them, cause sometimes what they say is worth reading.

Yes, that’s been covered already:

I’d rather have a good conversation with two people than a sheeddy convo with ten people.

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting