Support MIDI Controllers (USB)

I’m a music producer, dj and blablabla so i use a bunch of midi controllers with faders, knobs, pads etc. and always when i play EVE i think about using all of those controllers to fly the ship or simply map some faders for the engine control, pads for targets etc. using the Click–>Learn on the Control mapping.
Don’t know if it’s possible yet.

Peace

If you have software that sees input changes from the controller, it should have an option to map those inputs to other types of inputs. Or some sort of software should exist for it.

I did a little research on web and nothing about this drops out,

In any case this is my set and i think about map anything with the game :smiley: :smiley:

• macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (MacBook Pro)
  • Native Instruments S5 - F1 - Maschine Mk1

Possibly crazy, but you could probably do this with Max from Cycling 74.

If you’ve got Ableton Live Suite, that includes Max, so check out the Max environment to see what the options are. I’ve never tried to build maps to Mac functions, but what I imagine you would want to do here is use the Max engine to Mac keyboard commands that are bound in EVE (i.e. CTRL for target lock, F1 for fire, etc.). That would get you the boolean commands that the keyboard could offer. Things that are variable (acceleration, turning, etc.) would be a lot trickier, but maybe possible.

Edit:

Found a tutorial on how to do this controller to Mac keyboard mapping:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Am I the only who thinks of Megadeath after reading the thread?

You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch people’s heads a’roll
A’roll, a’ roll …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.