Surgical Strike Update Follow-up

Must’ve seen a marked increase in cancellations.

3 Likes

You dropped 2b on a T2 fit?

Mebbe shop in better places?

3 Likes

Hey, it’s good to see a reply here! Glad to see you are open to feedback!

Have you thought about the impact to stuff like Marauders and Black Ops in terms of the resistance nerf as well? Unlike other ship classes, Tech 2 battleships do not get full Tech 2 level resistance profiles. Could you please consider that as well as the scan resolution increase, as T2 Battleships (especially Blackops) become way too easy to kill with the resist nerfs.

2 Likes

Less faxes means more fighting sure, but it also means less fighting for smaller groups who tend to try to fight the blob. How are the groups who pull 50-70 subs supposed to fight the groups who pull 200 subs without having active faxes that can tank a fortizar?

3 Likes

Black Ops in general rarely relies on tank for survival. If they’re in a brawl reliant on tank, they ■■■■■■ up their engagement to start with. I don’t think this’ll make much of a difference in the amount of dead Black Ops. Marauder resist nerfs… honestly, with their toolset I don’t really see them being affected much either. They were already ■■■■ for PvP so it’s not much use lost there, and for highsec PvE they’re so ridiculously OP that the resist nerf won’t really make much difference either.

The problems with the Marauder needs a very different and significant rethink for them to be both PvP viable and worth the expense, since in low and null they are beaten in all ways by regular capitals for less money. (Discounting niche cases with MJD kiting etc, of course).

1 Like

How many “smaller groups” are trying to fight with 200 people on a hostile Fortizar grid with FAXes? Especially if they’re fighting against “the blob” who can just dreadbomb those FAXes.

Who are these mythical “small groups” that you’re talking about because I’ve never seen them before.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when the shield communities roll out their reactions.

lmao idiot just get more friends, easy fix! that’s what ccp wants all of us to do apparently

1 Like

Literally the only reason I log in is to fight blobs. Example: https://br.inyour.space/?s=45320&b=9069062&e=1538&t=fjubaaaaaaarfb

Snuff is another good example.

2 Likes

Yeah apparently.

I only see 2 FAXes there, and they were part of “the blob” as you put it.
I think you just proved my point for me.

The “smaller groups” aren’t even using FAXes on a Fortizar grid, so this change wouldn’t impact them like you claim it would.

You’re calling the 130 side of a 130v500 fight ‘the blob’ are you an idiot?

5 Likes

I don’t understand. Freighters are precisely the less affected by these changes because they cannot fit resist mods. Why would you be more concerned about them than about all the other ships, especially after the nerf to bumping? Makes no sense to me.

Seeing how you seem to anticipate you may have to adjust lots of things after the changes, wouldn’t it be a better idea to make less drastic changes at first?

Also FWIW, you nerfed my favourite ship. There, I said it, have some tears from me too. :cry: :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I think he is :slight_smile:

Fighting a blob is usually more fun than being in one.

Are you?

Yeah, these 2 active Apostles were tanking the fortizar. Without them, the battle would have been over immediately. TOTALLY. It makes COMPLETE SENSE that these 2 Apostles were the linchpin of the “smaller group” that let them punch up to the blob.

1 Like

I wonder why you don’t replace this resistance reduction with an increase to stacking penalties.

This will allow at least the first module to give 100%, but all others a increased reduction.

And yes i think it should include other modules as it currently works, as it will force players to rethink old elite fits, and come up with more imaginative fits. It would in most cases it will kill the 3+ module stack, and provide that same results as the resistance reduction if players do multi-stacking.

The question is what is the goal of the resistance reduction? Stopping multi-stacking resistance tanking or just screw resistance tanking into the ground?

1 Like

They stated it in the first dev blog “lower Capital survivability”

Not people in EVE. When Scoots talks about trash, he’s just projecting.

3 Likes

“slightly”. My loki for superior sleeper cache would 41% of its EHP/s. Other fits I have would lose more than 50% EHP/s.

That’s not a “slight” difference in completion time. It’s a difference between being able to use it, or not.

5 Likes

Those two apostles literally were the linch pin… like what?