Survey: Shadows of Cambridge Analytica

I started the survey, sounded like a good deal, but bailed partway through when it became apparent what it was.
Now I am wondering how much CCP is getting paid for that information.
You may feel differently, but to me selling that sort of personal information for week of omega time is just not worth it.

If you don’t know about Cambridge Analytica, but are interested, then ask Dr Google or your preferred reality-augmentation-facility

4 Likes

At the very least, an amount to cover however many weeks of Omega they’re giving away. Then add 25% as a fudge factor. Plus a per thousand replies premium.

Yeah, they’re going to come out ahead on this one. Especially as 99% of players will just do the thing for bonus time and only 1% will harp about it here and on reddit where no one will see it anyway.

Win/win

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes, they’re going to be making good use of the info on my account garbage email address.

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting