T3 Battleships

T3Ds main characteristic isn’t that they are flexible, their main characteristic is that they are superior to everything of that size in a combat role.

Ok but there’s no t2 combat destroyer to compare them to

Yea …

I have a 1400+ DPS Tengu and 1k DPS /w 70k+ EHP @ 80-90% omni resist Loki just for starters. If I think about it, when I take the sig and speed into account for tanking the Loki actually surpasses battleships.

I would actually like T3 Battleships, just so they encroach on and outperform dreds and carriers same way T3Cs to on battleships.

1 Like

A T3 Battleship would be what the Force Aux is too low and null space.

1 Like

A T3 BS that takes full advantage of the Polarized weapon system.

Polarized equipped ships have zero resistances or shields, armor and hull. So the drawback to the T3 Polarized BS is obviously apparent. To remedy the penalty to the T3 Polarized BS the BS would have a bonus a 500% bonus to armor or shield repair amounts + a 150% bonus to hull repair amounts. The T3 BS would have also a fast lock time of 200 mm as a base.

The Polarized BS would have a bonus towards capacitor storage and come with anti-capacitor Leech bonus of 25% as a ship role bonus.

The Polarized BS would not have a drone bay.

Slot layout would be five high slots for hybrids and projectiles, seven slots for lasers and six slots for missiles.

Medium slot layout would be between five and seven slots depending on the race of the ship.

Low slots would be five for all four races.

Sigh. Did you even consider the impact of a player not fitting polarized weapons on the hull, and instead stacking resistances?

What you’re talking about is a marauder, with none of the drawbacks. Which ironically expresses the problem with T3 ships in general. They ■■■■ all over every other class of ship that they compete with.

T3s suck. They’re horrible. They were stupid when they were added, they’re stupid even after they’ve been balanced, and they will continue to be stupid because for them to be correctly balanced, only a very select few people will ever fly them because they’ll get outperformed in any single role.

Adding more T3s is stupid.

2 Likes

A T3 Battleship would be what the Force Aux is too low and null space.

The nestor doesn’t quite do it for me, as a logi-bro I would LOVE to get my hands on a marauder type BS logi, just utilizing the bastion like a triage module.

1 Like

We already have “assult battleship”

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.