Tactical destroyer core insufficient

(Inovrin Tain) #1

It seems tactical destroyers are a bit lacking in terms of power grid and CPU, especially compared to assault frigates. I think they need an extra 5-10% PG and an extra 5-10% CPU. What does everyone else think ?

(Quelza) #2

You don’t think the ability to switch on-the-fly between three different sets of bonuses aren’t enough to weigh up against fitting stats when trying to set them apart from Assault Frigates?

(Makshima Shogo) #3

LOL Try and fit a jaguar then try and fit a svipul :stuck_out_tongue: its the other way around.

(ISD Sakimura) #4

Don’t compare a Frigate class with a Destroyer Class, it’s like comparing a Bicycle with a Car. While they can both transport you from A to B, they do it in very different ways…

(Chainsaw Plankton) #5

I’d say they are reasonably comparable, more like SUV vs Pickup-truck, than bicycle to car. Most AFs have 3-4 weapons where the t3ds have 4-5, then the t3ds typically have an extra mid/low and a bit more CPU to fit that. The gap is far narrower than the gap between t1 frigs and t1 destroyers.

That said, no I don’t think T3Ds need more fitting room. Most of them used to have more, and it’s been nerfed to this point for a reason.

(Tiddle Jr) #6

As CSP said we already were there and it was obviously OP so CCP had to nerf the Damn things.

(Andrew Indy) #7

Pretty sure the they had to nerf them down a few times and a T3D would still win most of the time.

@ISD_Sakimura

Its like comparing Cruisers and BattleCruisers , they might not be the same ship class but they fill a lot of the same roles.

(Akuma Tsukai) #8

T3 dessies should just die alongside with t3 cruisers.
Switching roles without switching modules is not effective (yeah, depot, i know, most cubersome mechanics evah) not to mention t3 cruisers still have that skill penalty for going boom in them.
Go T2, be happy.

(Piugattuk) #9

Problem with this is that they have implants that can give you the 5% you crave, then add to that boosters that can give you a big edge, you start mucking about with it you’ve taken it from it’s intended role and bonuses over t-1 and t-2 and over shadowed them to make them obsolete.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.