Tayra,Bustard,Crane Redesign

So what is next up for re-design ? I vote Helios and Myrmidon, long overdue. How about you guys ?

Next up are re-designs for the Osprey models

https://updates.eveonline.com/date/2018-09-11/

O i see, bummer

The real inspiration for the Caldari Industrial design:

10 Likes

and it looks like upwells will get their own skins too at the end of the year.

Right, mate i understand their approach of cargo chamber oriented, but we just looking forward it can get a more distinguishing looking to other combat ships they proposed,

if its about a large well set engine with a certain amount of cargo holds build, from a players view some how in its scale, its “ portion of its width and tall,” rendered that poitential more irrelevant

if the concept is an engine and a cargo, why not go nuts with it, adjust the width and it’s tall in bustard class to suits its purpose with a better coordinated looking cargo to address the volume, we understand the flatness apearances on Caldari freighter is due to its scale, that actual volume reverses its flat looking, but with much smaller but towards actual cargo, the flatness of bustard class indeed I bet didn’t quite represent both in its volume carry and the looking towards its roll.

Bet can get a hand on its actual scale to its heir Caldari freighter, to work out its actual scale on both its volume of hauling and the looking to its exterior cargo chamber,

therefore, make its looking more” applicable.”

About being more distinguishing looking towards its roll,
Seems confused

I bet it has more guns on it

They are both in action

Seems bustard has a better shot

3 Likes

The small cockpit in front gives the sense of orientating and efforts of hauling, rather than feeling like an freighterliner truck losing its head, and disorientate to its roll.

“Where am I hauling to?”

Rather confusing isn’t it?
Am I driving a freighter cargo it alone or what am I driving? “We need its heads back.”

2 Likes

Well seems it looks like a cargo flying, which is way too simple reflect on its looking, need more works tho

There were small heads, like cockpits in front, in concepts.

Dont know why they removed them. The concepts were slightly different than final design.

2 Likes

Well mate, seems plenty of elements they implemented in concept can be further explored out, it seems quite following up the original design and certain progression towards its outcome by that stage.
Seems the final product came out with decision hasty how ever.
.From the view to concept they produced, I bet they would pregressingly format it up

For the moment, the model of them do seem imbalanced on both structural and ethical level, particularly when it’s on the job of its roll.

Concept looks good to its final outcome tho, mate

No idea what you guys are really complaining about. I’d happily take any of your new designs over this one:

5 Likes

Not very aero dynamic… oh wait…

I like the look, I think indies should look industrial.

I’ve always thought they should bring in the big guys like CAT to design some ships.

1 Like

I’m a Gallente toon when it comes to industrials (use Epithals a lot, Miasmos/Kyros a bit… used Itty 5 for mission loot/salvage hauling… until I trained into Viator/Occator a few months ago on all 3 mains and now I mostly use those + Orca. ;D)…

but I have a few corpmates who primarily fly Caldari, so I see their Cranes and Bustards a lot.

The Bustard colorscheme doesn’t appeal to me too much, but it’s a lengthy one now, that ain’t too bad.

The Crane? Gorgeous look to it now, great colorscheme. I love those red/black Caldari t2 ships (Crow, Onyx, Nighthawk, Widow… beauuuuuties!)

I noticed that as well while previewing all 4… my best guess is that it’s meant to be a cargo loading dock or something instead of a drone bay.

They’ve still got a bridge, it’s just at the top near the back (like a Star Destroyer) instead of at the front. They’re like a tractor-trailer that pushes the cargo box instead of pulling it. :wink:

Thats what I was thinking when I was inspecting my Tayra and enjoying the new look. Its different, but at least it doesn’t look like an exhaust anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

WTF. i have to take a brake and come back to my cargo ship F@# all to S@# . now im left cargo shipless for everything but my ores. GIVE ME BACK MY CRANE