I’d say roughly half are character name or corp name placeholders, some are market alts parked all over the galaxy, some I use solely to run the epic arcs, along with other uses.
If there’s a current pop culture character name or corp or current fad, I’ve more than likely already snatched it up. And if you want it for your own, well, pony up and I’ll transfer it over to you…
Team Security are always on the hunt, taking care of bad actors & keeping New Eden safe! Automation use (predominantly botting and input broadcasting) are the lion’s share of the bans for May.
If you haven’t already, please enable 2FA on your accounts to keep your account (and your stuff!) secure
They could easily outsource a lot of trouble by revealing the alliances and corporations harbouring the majority of those accounts. The community would quickly police repeat offenders and the leadership of such groups couldn’t weasle out forever by claiming “of course we didn’t know anything and we would never…!”
Yes, and I’m saying that if FC puts a target on an alliance, and people who don’t break the rules are caught in the crosshairs, that is bad for Fenris. It’s just not a good business decision. You might get 5k bots, but then also a portion of the remaining 25k also quit for being targeted by the rest of New Eden. Alliances falling tends to lead to players quiting.
Sry but if a Group harbours a 1.000 cheaters over the course of a year, that groups Leadership knows what they are doing. That is no longer a coincidence, thats planned, agreed upon and protected cheating. I didn’t say anywhere that every random find should be made public, only repeat offenders.
And I don’t give a fuzz over some people quitting because their alliance harboured mass-cheaters and they were unable to simply condemn that behaviour in public, leave said alliance and look for another group that plays legit.
We all know it’s the major null-sec alliances that are guilty of most (probably 90%+, maybe higher) of these offenses. So how about we start naming and shaming? Maybe it’s time to start banning these alliances from CSM and even dissolving them outright.
Not saying they’re not banning them. But I wouldn’t mind seeing how much is FC detecting/banning them vs. players reporting/FC investigating/banning them. As an example, if FC’s internal tools are catching 99.9% of this stuff - there’s basically zero point in players reporting anything.
62 for payment fraud, i wonder how many of those are the ones who scream into the void that they weren’t happy after buying game time, then turn around and want a refund?