Tech III idea: Multipurpose Industrial Ships

OK, all the grumbling aside, I revised the MIS subsystem ideas to make them more balanced:

Amarr: Supplanter
Amarr Propulsion Subsystems
Supplanter Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
+5% agility per level, immunity to non-targeted interdiction
Supplanter Propulsion - Enhanced Afterburner
x2 afterburner speed per level, -10% cap drain per level
Supplanter Propulsion - Specialized Cooling
-10% overheat damage per level
Supplanter Propulsion - Advanced Sublight Drives
+10% sublight velocity per level, -50% align time

Gallente: Mabon
Gallente Propulsion Subsystems
Mabon Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Mabon Propulsion - Enhanced Microwarp
+20% MWD speed per level, -10% cap drain per level
Mabon Propulsion - Direct Port Injection
-50% cap drain for microwarp
Mabon Propulsion - Advanced Warp Manifold
+0.5AU/s warp speed per level

Caldari: Aurochs
Caldari Propulsion Subsystems
Aurochs Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Aurochs Propulsion - Enhanced Afterburner
Aurochs Propulsion - Micro Jump Support
Allows fitting of Large Micro Jump Drive, -50% to MJD cooldown
Aurochs Propulsion - Advanced Warp Manifold

Minmatar: Lifthrasir (LĂ­fĂžrasir)
Minmatar Propulsion Systems
Lifthrasir Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Lifthrasir Propulsion - Enhanced Afterburner
Lifthrasir Propulsion - Direct Port Injection
-50% cap drain for afterburner
Lifthrasir Propulsion - Advanced Warp Manifold

Cross-Faction Industrial and Cargo Subsystems
Cargo Systems: Improved Planck Field Generator
+5000m3 cargo capacity per level
Cargo Systems: Fleet Hangar
Adds Fleet Hangar to ship
Cargo Systems: Mineral Hold
Adds Mineral Hold to ship
Industrial Systems: Mobile Reprocessing Facility
Allows modules and equipment in the cargo bay to be reprocessed
Cargo Systems: Planetary Interaction
Adds Planetary Commodities Hold and Command Center Hold
Industrial Systems: Mobile Reactor
Adds the ability to perform basic moon material reactions
Cargo Systems: Mobile Ship Hangar
Adds Ship Hangar
Cargo Systems: Munitions Transport
Adds Ammo Hold
Industrial Systems: Upwell-Ishukone Logistics Tether
Requires liquid ozone to operate. Allows one subcapital ship to tether to the ship and be repaired as if it were at a Citadel or Engineering Complex
Industrial Systems: Ore Compression Facility
Adds Ore Hold with ore compression capability; requires liquid ozone to operate, can compress a maximum of 10,000m3 every 180s
Cargo Systems: Lunar Commodities Hold
Adds Lunar Commodities Hold (for carrying Moon Materials)
Cargo Systems: External Storage Array
Allows ship to anchor cargo containers (1 per level) in a 2500m radius around the ship. Ship cannot move, warp or jump. 200% bonus to armor HP. +25% to all armor energy resists

CCP still isn’t going to give this kind of massive buff to the transport of goods. Something like this would basically be uncatchable and have DST or better levels of cargo space. They’re also not going to put Ore Compression on a ship that can go into High Sec or costs less than a Rorqual since that would devalue the Ore Compression option on Citadels.

Also 100% AB Speed per level is a stupidly broken bonus. A 200% bonus already puts an AB just below a MWD in terms of speed but with better maneuverability, a 500% bonus would be ridiculously OP.

Also at least one bonus per subsystem slot is worthless or close to it. For the prop mods it’s the third one on every hull, though realistically immunity to non-targeted interdiction is basically jesus in Null so no one would use anything else there.

For the cargo holds I don’t think there’s any reason for anyone to ever take anything except the 5km3 per level for actual cargo space options. That gives you a base cargo capacity of at least 25km3, and then with Cargo Expanders and Rigs on top of that you’d be able to easily beat out a DST and probably even an Orca for raw cargo capacity easily. So unless this thing aligns slower than an Orca you’ve just proposed a massive buff to hauling in general, which I don’t see CCP doing.

Oh yeah and tethering on a ship would make this thing god logi in a lot of cases. Just leave one cloaked on an alt and no matter how badly you fry your modules as long as you can disengage and get back to your safe spot your ship will be fine in a minute or two.

I’m hearing a lot of criticism but nothing constructive. Would you care to contribute, or are you going to just be a negative nancy like everyone else?

I don’t think there’s anything particular to be constructive about here.

You’re basically proposing an industrial massively more powerful than anything else currently available.

I don’t feel that hauling needs that kind of buff, nor do I think there are enough options and interesting bonus configurations for a Tech 3 hauling ship to be viable or interesting as a concept.

If you want to do something with hauling then find something to make it more interesting or some kind of risk/reward mechanic that could be applied to it rather than just providing a more expensive and more powerful ship and then saying it’s fine because it’s a T3.

Here’s one for free with zero rough edges polished off it: a probe launcher that lets you find wormholes in other systems that connect close to a given destination, so there’s some kind of time/risk setup where it might be quicker to find a shortcut with this new mechanic but it might not, and the shortcut might dump you into Low Sec on the wrong side of the Rancer pipe from your destination.

There’s ALREADY a risk/reward mechanic for hauling, and it’s one that favours pirates. A T3 hauler with hictor null won’t make a hauler uncatchable since you still need to worry about targeted interdiction, but it will at least give lowsec haulers a reasonable chance to get past camping fleets and actually make a decent profit. Null pilots have JFs (despite all the salt about jump fatigue), lowsec and wspace pilots need love too. Sometimes BRs and DSTs aren’t enough.

It really doesn’t, for the most part hauling is a very risk averse profession. If the current setup actually favored pirates then no one would haul. Currently between Citadels, Jump Freighters, Blockade Runners, Blops-Jumping, MWD+Cloak, using scouts for higher risk hauling, and all the other various tricks (not counting High Sec hauling and simply tanking your ship) the balance of power is pretty firmly in the hands of the haulers.

Pirates pretty much need to sit in one place and hope someone stumbles into them or have insider information on when someone is going to be coming through to catch anyone outside of High Sec. In High Sec simply tanking your ship and not hauling too much at once is enough to avoid the vast majority of ganks.

If a BR or DST isn’t enough for your low-sec hauling then you’re doing it wrong, especially for a BR between the fast align time and the cloak. Unless you get caught by an insta-locking ship with insane reflexes and almost zero ping you’re going to make it through any low-sec gate camp that isn’t full of smartbombs, and those are incredibly rare and you still have good odds of making it through one if you tanked your ship.

1 Like

All I want out of a Tech 3 Transport ship is the ability to have a Blockade Runner (Like a Crane) with the specialized cargo options like Gallente has for their tech 1 ships.

Miasmos = ore
Kryos = minerals
Epitha l= planetary Interaction

Each could be a subsystem.

Maybe one with a ship maintenance bay to hold up to medium sized fit ships.

And make a Deep Space transport rig/subsystem that has no cloak but a boost to overall cargo and +2 warp stabs.

So if you want to fly only Caldari (or any other race) for some reason, you could still take advantage of specific cargo like Gallente have (but would take longer to train into and more expensive).

I think that would work better as it is generalized, which tech 3 stuff is supposed to be.

Which is exactly what happened to my last BR, you doofus.

Okay, congrats, you win a prize. As I said before cloaking was never supposed to be a 100% sure way to get through a gate camp.

In fact I’d put better odds on you being a tick late with the cloak or you hit a bubble camp in Null and got decloaked than you actually ran into someone who managed to lock you in the one tick before your cloak went active in Low Sec.

That one time doesn’t mean that you need an even safer way to haul stuff through dangerous space though, it means someone managed to catch you. Oh well, it’s Eve, losses happen and hauling isn’t supposed to be trivial.

So you propose a overpowered hauler because you lost a BR?

Yup, that’s what this entire thread is about.

Then again, Industrials could need an Overhaul (no pun intended) in some way.
I deleted the rest of my post as I had an idea, because I thought it deserved a new thread: EVE Online Forums

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Alessienne_Ellecon :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s. if you want an almost risk-free option to move stuff inside or into Lowsec, go for a Jump Freighter.

It’s very nearly risk free in highsec as well, if you maintain scouts and exit cynos - you are either tethered or ready to jump at all times.

Interdiction issues aside, the idea of interchangeable cargo hold types would be a good starting point for a T3I.

1 Like

Personally I would try to integrate the industrial subsystems to the T3Cs.
The generic cargo could take the place of the defensive subsystem, special cargo and some functions to the offensive subsystem and add a few things as core systems.
ORE subsystems, compatible with every T3C.

1 Like

“immunity to webs, scram and dictors” whaaaaat? so a dictor can´t even damage this ship.

Really ???

You forgot the doomsday, 50000k EHP bundle and the call concord button.

The added cargo flexibility options sound neat. Even a hauler with the option to strip and reuse rigs would find a fantastic niche for nomadic wormhole groups who want to repackage extra haulers without losing those rigs.

Ugh, necro

2 Likes

Making nullification its own module with a giant cooldown certainly seemed to address that concern to the contrary. However, a T3C approach to reduce or increase that module cooldown with various fitting options would be interesting to consider.

Skill loss as a system for T3C has also been wiped out for better or worse. Application of multiple skillpath trains without skill-loss for a theorized T3 hauler may ultimately be superfluous yet could impart a sense of mastery (or wallet warriorness) if they made the specialized skill training very very long.

The one aspect I still really like about these theorized T3Hs is the flexibility around rigs and repackaging.

Yes, more opportunities for various specialized cargoholds is a +1

Necro?