Temporary ship skins

You’re still here.

What about temporary boosters? You also don’t want those? Perma boost?

If you like the skin or want it permenent, hit the market and buy it. You got a free test of it.

In the past they had temporary skins on the market, in the past they had skins bound on the ship, not the character.

This is a non-crisis.

There quite fun actually , hitting redeem all after a few days and seeing what cocktail of madness you get

1 Like

Yeah, the twitching and shaking hasn’t stopped yet.

2 Likes

I understand that.
Last year I got lots of gifts for Christmas, including some from some of my customers.
I got flowers delivered. ( I don’t care for flowers )
I got chocolates. ( from someone I don’t really care for )
I got a cute keychain. ( so what ? )
I got a cheap set of brushes ( I’ll never use them )
I got winter pullover ( bit too large for me )
I got other odds and ends…
Most of what I got I couldn’t care about.
But am I going to be ungrateful and tell those people to refrain from gifting me next time? That would be SO rude!
I thanked each of them in turn with my best smile and manners.

But it’s still a gift. It’s the intention that counts.
I too get skins I’ll probably never use, we all do.
I think it’s nice of CCP to give us stuff. They’re trying their best to please us, even if we feel it’s not useful, the least we can do is say “thank you”.

If CCP stopped giving out free stuff, you can bet the outrage will be louder.

Hands up who logs in daily or more frequently to get their free stuff?

Quod erat demonstrandum

I don’t log in for the free stuff but it’s nice to see that. It speaks loads in favor of CCP.

So you didn’t login for the holiday and festive periods for the free stuff?

Funny though, how the complainer cries about it, BUT DID THEY REFUSE IT?

It’s like being in a resteraunt, eating the food, complaining it’s awful, and continue eating it.

1 Like

It’s not a gift. It’s an advertisement.

So don’t buy the permenent skin that’s advertised if you don’t like it.

Some ways to stop your emotional trauma

1. Uncheck “show at login” on the “advertisement” dialog
  2. Don’t buy the advertised item
  3. Don’t select and accept the free sample
  4. Hide button from Neocom

Then the rest of the time it will probably eat away at your soul knowing the rest of us are getting something you’re not, by our own individual choices.

Idvertisement… I would really love for all the advertisers to give me free stuff, I wouldn’t have enough room with one house.

You’d be fine it’d disappear after 30 days

The house or the crap in it?

Not the house , no

Not the BPCs, those disappear after having been used twice or five times. IF you use them. They can linger in your Inventory for years if you don’t use or sell them.
The free skills are permanent ( you apply them and voilà )
The “rented” skills to have a taste of higher tier ships ( don’t remember how that’s called ) lasts longer too. ( Found it. It’s called Expert System ).
But ultimately, no one forces you to deal with all that.

Voilà

Know what makes me buy permanent SKINS? Good SKINs.

I wish CCP would hold community design contests for SKINs and outfits, and have team/alliance SKINs for AT winners (think the LoL team SKINs for the teams that win Worlds or whatever).

Well, perhaps if you go and show some of your good skin designs that may be a good start.

When you’re ready, in your own time.

Feel free to link and post them so we can all see.

I can’t design ■■■■, but plenty of people have and do and I have seen some beautiful SKINs the community have made on Reddit and such that I would vote for/buy in a heartbeat.

E: Don’t mistake what I am saying to mean I think there aren’t good SKINs. I spend more on SKINs for my ships than I care to admit. Those Ghost and Vampire Hex SKINs are fantastic! I just think it would be good fun for community submissions and art like SKINs and outfits to be spotlighted and possibly even a chance to be included in game. It already somewhat happens with alliance logos, and there are some fantastic alliance logos/mascots in game. You telling me you wouldn’t fly a ship with the Rote lady on the side? I would.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.