Thanks for the information

Why would you want to do this ? We can just add a button on the industry panel that will simply just give you the minerals for free when you load a BPO/BPC.
Unbelievable, how some people complicate things.

1 Like

I’m not aware of it. Maybe you can expound on that but I can find out on my own also if I care to.
What does wardec have to do with CCP nerfing rewards but not risks?

Hey, there’s an idea :grinning:

:rofl:

Well the OP said ‘where is the nerf to risks?’

The answer being they already did it. A big nerf infact.

Now it’s possible to enjoy all the benefits of a corp whilst still being immune to wardecs. The nerf to rewards we’re seeing now is balancing that massive change in 2018 (and arguably all wardec nerfs since 2012).

2 Likes

And I wrote that I wouldn’t argue with you on that based on what I think CCP can do with their game, which is: everything and anything they want.

Thanks for that summary!

I have not yet watched the stream, but if what you say is true I have more confidence that CCP is doing the right thing regarding the economy; last year it was time the endless riskless influx of minerals and ISK was reduced and I’m glad they continue these efforts.

All I hear is ‘Pay is too low, I want no risk for it to be fair!’ EVE isn’t fair and risk is a big part of the game, you’re expecting the wrong things.

Yep.

5chars

It was not a nerf , but a proper balance . Yet again you spread false information.

And now they are ‘properly balancing’ rewards.

You see how that works?

1 Like

If you go in game and look at my bio, the two channel links at the bottom have sample fits for what the Bus hands out, Basically a frig, dessie and cruiser for each race (plus the exploration ship). What a newbro gets depends on their age and what station they meet the Bus is. 0-7 days they get a racially appropriate fitted out frigate etc.

Donations are accepted but I would prefer a player stay than my getting their stuff.

m

3 Likes

Miners are generally some of the least intelligent players in the game. Not all, and there are indeed some smart/industrious miners out there running efficient and secure large-scale operations, but most are completely brainlet-level. I guess it makes sense considering they choose to do what they do. And as such, they simply don’t understand the very, very basic supply/demand relationship. If yields are cut by half but mineral prices double, brainlet miners will still scream bloody murder as if you’re cutting into them with a knife. Most of them don’t even look at mineral prices. They just see the amount of ore they’re getting, and judge everything based on that.

To try to explain to them that they’re actually better off today than before, not only because the rise in mineral prices accounts for the yield impacts, but also because mining now commands a slightly larger proportion of the total economy (and since wealth is relative, this means they’re actually making more than they made before), is a complete waste of time. They’re incapable of logic, or even basic mathematics. I’ve rarely met miners who talked, wrote, and thought as people of merely average intelligence. Even high-sec mission-runners are above them, as their chosen combat-oriented activity requires some degrees of planning, calculating, and critical thinking.

Miners will never be able to comprehend that the only real practical effect of CCP’s recent changes is shifting risk away from active players, and to AFK ones. All they understand is that someone is tearing the loaf of bread away from their hands as they’re trying to take a bite. They’re like machines, or very simplistic animals, going through their rote, mechanical motions without being truly conscious of what they’re doing.

3 Likes

On Autopilot throughout their gameplay, eh? :sweat_smile:

Something like that.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against them as people. They live their lives, go to work, deal with family, etc. But there are always signs of a sheltered, cattle-like existence.

They should be provided opportunity, but denied the ability to shape policy, which is something they do not by virtue of intent, but as kind of a physical response to stimuli. It’s critical that CCP doesn’t listen to them, not because they’re less important than other types of players, but because they don’t have the critical thinking capacity to come to conclusions that are beneficial, workable, and efficient.

Systemic scientific/social progress, the collective good, and future planning are not considerations for them. Asking them what they want will almost invariably result in a metaphorically-distilled response of “why, um, I think I’d like to take another bite now if I may, thank you very much!” If you’ve ever seen Idiocracy or read The Time Machine, that’s the sort of system we’d devolve into if these people get their way.

2 Likes

I think they all need to be wiped out from the face of the earth but that’s just me.

Whoa, easy there, Heinrich. You’re going to need somebody to flip your hamburger.

1 Like

Clone technology is just about perfected. Who needs them when I can have a few clones of myself to do my bidding?
Not only that but robots can do that mindless work. They don’t ask for raises and there is no hygiene issues to worry about.

i would totally agree to anything that stops AFK income.

That includes both AFK cloak camping, afk mining, afk ratting, afk …well anyting!!

I’d put a max 10 cycles of cloak usable in succesion before the module blows up,
I’d put bigger rats on afk miners (drop a dread on their ass, even in HS mining spot)
And limit the ticks from bounties, but increse the LP reward in return

I do think that they’re motivated by greed/gain/wealth, like pretty much all players, or human beings in general.

Where it becomes weird is that most high-sec miners, for example, are likely net-negative from their activity. Aside from those running tanked, boosted Procurer/Skiff/Orca combos (likely botting, too), I really doubt that most plain old solo high-sec miners actually turn a profit because of ganking, hostile NPCs, and too much competition for rocks. It’s like some kind of extremely long-term form of the gambler’s fallacy with them.

The game would actually be a better place if they played rationally. Their ignorance hurts the entire environment.

Also, considering all this talk about EVE players being “smarter” than average, EVE seems to attract a disproportionate amount of these cattle-like automatons. There’s just something about this game that draws in these “relax after a hard day of work by pew-pewing some rocks to make some iskies” people like moths to a flame. The proportion of such people is not as high in real life as in this game.

How does AFK cloaking generate income?

Back in the days when moons were AFK passive income, EVE was a much better place. More active, more involved, less grindy. I want that back. This focus on more active gameplay has led to nothing but more annoyance, less fun, more grind, more busywork and above all much more imblance because CCP, in their infinite wisdom, forgot to change the underlying systems beforehand because those systems were not meant for more active gameplay.

It’s funny how a guy in a war-dec immune corp wants to see more active gameplay when he himself hides from one portion of active gameplay. Talk about hypocrisy. If you want to have more active gameplay, how about you get out of your comfort zone first and participate in more active gameplay first before you demand more of that for other people.

1 Like

To think you think i only have 1 char :'D

I do several activities at once, i use a char for this forum that has 0 zkillboard status for a reason.
(and raising ratings for corp is just another job in eve online, much like your camping/hunting/selling.

Also if i dont want to war or engage in PVP, that is my choice. Much like it is your choice not to engage in an activity you dont wanna engage.

Mind you, to raise standings effectively you cant afk farm anything. It requires active gameplay. Hance why its payed good.

Afk cloak camping is isk generation prevention for active players. Cous afk ones wont care if thers a red dot in the skies